Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about taking a trip to the Smokies in a couple of weeks and had a couple of questions.
First off I've been to Windrock and Royal Blue and enjoyed both but I think I liked Royal Blue a little better. If we go this time we will probably spend 2 days riding, so I'm thinking either Royal Blue again or hit up Brimstone. What do you guys think? Probably will be riding during the week, so I don't guess either place will be crowded, maybe on a Friday. But we will have 2 Recons, a Rancher, a Foreman, and a RZR. Royal Blue wasn't that bad for the kids on the Recon so we know they can't make it there. We stayed off the difficult stuff though. How is Brimstone? I think Windrock is too technical/difficult for Recons. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, I know most if not all 3 of those locations have big Memorial Day rides, so what kind of shape will the trails be in after those rides? Probably be heading up June 6th and staying through that weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
PM Wydglide He lives right there at those parks. Drives right out his back door and hits the trails.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Thinking about taking a trip to the Smokies in a couple of weeks and had a couple of questions.
First off I've been to Windrock and Royal Blue and enjoyed both but I think I liked Royal Blue a little better. If we go this time we will probably spend 2 days riding, so I'm thinking either Royal Blue again or hit up Brimstone. What do you guys think? Probably will be riding during the week, so I don't guess either place will be crowded, maybe on a Friday. But we will have 2 Recons, a Rancher, a Foreman, and a RZR. Royal Blue wasn't that bad for the kids on the Recon so we know they can't make it there. We stayed off the difficult stuff though. How is Brimstone? I think Windrock is too technical/difficult for Recons. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Also, I know most if not all 3 of those locations have big Memorial Day rides, so what kind of shape will the trails be in after those rides? Probably be heading up June 6th and staying through that weekend.
Brimstine went broke I heard, (but they are still having their White Knuckle event 25-27th) if you got kids come to Royal Blue, would be glad to show ya around/act as a trail guide

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Wydglide I appreciate it. I think I got over ruled by the family and they've decided to go to the beach. So I think it'll be this Fall before we make it up your way again.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Thanks Wydglide I appreciate it. I think I got over ruled by the family and they've decided to go to the beach. So I think it'll be this Fall before we make it up your way again.
I hear ya man, anytime ya think you might be able to make it up, We would be more than glad to show you & yours around!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So do you think Brimstone is going to close down? That's a shame if so. How does Brimstone compare to Royal Blue?

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
So do you think Brimstone is going to close down? That's a shame if so. How does Brimstone compare to Royal Blue?
I had heard it had already closed...But I am unsure as of right now

.....that being said, I asked one of my friends who is a Really Hard Core Rider how the trails were over their now a days just around a month ago..his reply

What trails! they haven't done anything to them in the last 3-4 years, Glide it's just a place to break parts and get hurt.....if he don't ride their I would not recommend it even to Very experienced riders.

Royal Blue is a nice place to ride East or West side has it's Pro's & Cons..but everything from mild to wild!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey Wydglide, I'll take you up on riding Royal Blue sometime. Trying to meet new people that have been riding for awhile and learn some new skills.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
hit me up, if we are able it would be a blast, I see your from Campbell Co.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone got these places on a map? Planning on taking my vacation in Jan to pigeon forge area. May be taking the foreman...

Edit...Looks like Royal Blue is a bit far from where we would be staying...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts