Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST ORDERED TRIANGLE KIT. RUNNING DJ 170 WITH ALL MY MODS LISTED, WILL I NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING, FUEL MIXTURE SCREW OR ANYTHING, OR WILL I BE GOOD TO GO?? HOW ABOUT THE INSTALL, ANY TIPS ??

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
When DeadMullet put his on he said it was an absolute pain. The pics they give you are poor quality. But he is not the most mechanically inclined fellow around.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
The Triangle ATV group rides out there where we do & i talk to one of them
all the time. Brad is the one i talk to. I'll ask him next time i see him. He
works there, so he should know.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed one on a friends 2006 Foreman 500. Cutting the plastic inner fender was indeed a royal pain. This is what took the most time. We just took it slow and cut small amounts of plastic at one time and test fit the snorkel pipe. We did this multiple times so we wouldn't be cutting too much plastic off. The instruction pictures are a little hard to read, but if you take your time its not too bad. Took us about four hours though. We also put the dynojet jet kit. It has a new vacuum slider spring, jet, and mixture screw at 2.5 turns out from bottom. I have since installed my own custom snorkel and only had to trim the corner out of one piece of plastic.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I think it was the most aggravating project that i have ever been apart of.

The instructions they give you are absolutly useless. you would think for the amount of money they charge you for a couple pieces of PVC and some fittings they could step up and buy the $80 ink jet printer so you could have COLOR pics in the instructions. but since i am biatching about it obviously they dont . So needless to say the pics on where to cut your inner fenders are usless because of the black plastic/shadows/ and its a black and white pic.I mean if they dont know how to use a colr printer i have one word for ya...KINKO's!!I have to say that is the worst part. also since it is all pre glued it is a pain to snake the whole snorkle down the bike and up through the hole. it seems that if they left a couple of the pieces unglued it would make it a whole lot easier.

all in all i didnt think it was worth the money they charge. the only good thing about it is the mounting bracket that you bolt to your front rack. they did a good job with that.

and trugrit- there was 4 of us,beer, and cheerleader's for that event so suck it

·
Registered
268 Posts
i put a custom snorkel on my 500. it only took an hour, and only peice of plastic i cut was the front fender. and i have no leaks.. aint no way i would pay that much for a prebuilt snorkel, mine only cost about $15.. and no rejetting.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DEADMULLET, WHAT DID YAL CUT THE HOLE IN THE FENDER WITH?? HOLE SAW? OR WHAT ?? WHAT SIZE??

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I used a hole saw & some razor blades on ours.

·
Registered
113 Posts
For those that are using the Triangle snorkel how is it working out for you. I just ordered one for myself last week. I realize it's over priced and the instructions aren't that clear, but does it work!

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
It works great. One thing that i really like about it is the vent line plugs.
You just plug all of your vent lines into the snorkel without havin' to run
them to your pod. Like you said, it is a little overpriced, but is a very good
product. I love ours.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
QUOTE ("brodie":1gncd2mk)
DEADMULLET, WHAT DID YAL CUT THE HOLE IN THE FENDER WITH?? HOLE SAW? OR WHAT ?? WHAT SIZE??
i used a hole saw/razor knife. and was about 3 minuted away from getting the saws all

as far as the operation goes. yea it works fine, but i mean its pvc, how could it not work? i guess they did a good job glueing it all together

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
INSTALLED SNORKEL TONIGHT, I DIDNT THINK IT WAS HARD AT ALL. THE PICTURES DID SUCK BUT I FIGURED IT OUT. THE BEST THING ABOUT THE KIT IS THE FITTINGS FOR VENTS AND MOUNTING PLATE. OTHER THAN THAT NOTHING SPECIAL.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ALSO, I VENTED THE FAN, BRAKES, FRANT AND REAR DIFFS. IS IT ALSO NECESSARY TO VENT ALL OF THE CARB HOSES ALSO??? I KNOW ABOUT PLUGGING DRAIN LINE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 2 HOSES OFF THE SIDE OF THE CARB?? TO THE HANDLEBARS???

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
QUOTE ("brodie":261aujdx)
ALSO, I VENTED THE FAN, BRAKES, FRANT AND REAR DIFFS. IS IT ALSO NECESSARY TO VENT ALL OF THE CARB HOSES ALSO??? I KNOW ABOUT PLUGGING DRAIN LINE, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER 2 HOSES OFF THE SIDE OF THE CARB?? TO THE HANDLEBARS???

yes, most definatly. i ran mine into the headlight pod

1 - 14 of 14 Posts