Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the 2005 Foreman 500 snorkel fit the 2005 Rubicon?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I talked to Triangle and they said NO. There is just to much stuff in the way. I ask if they are going to try to make one and got the same NO.
We are kinda on our own on this one.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I wonder why they won't try to make one? That is strange.

·
Registered
233 Posts
They said the way they would have to run the hose it wouldn't look good.
Anyway he flat said they are not going to have one for the Rubicon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
SNORKELING THE RUBI IS ONE OF THE EASIEST BIKES TO SNORKEL.
ALL YOU NEED IS FLEX HOSE(ABOUT 5') AND SOME SMALLER HOSE TO EXTEND THE 2 CARB HOSES. YOU SHOULD ALSO EXTEND THE FRONT AND REAR END AS WELL AS YOUR BREAKS, IF YOU HAVE ANY !
I DID ALL THIS WITHOUT HAVING TO REJET MY BIKE.

20 MIN. JOB

·
Registered
206 Posts
Please share your plans. I need to snorkel my bike but dont want to hassle with the jet kit AGAIN!

·
Registered
19 Posts
ALL YOU NEED IS SOME QUICK CONNECTS FOR THE SMALL HOSES(BREAK LINES, REAR AND FRONT END, AND THE TWO CARB HOSES).
I WOULD SAY AT LEAST 30-40 FT(IF YOU END UP WITH EXTRA, ITS NOT A BIG DEAL IT COST ABOUT 15CENTS/FT). TIE THEM ALL TOGETHER AT THE SNORKEL.

FOR THE SNORKEL ITSELF, 2'' FLEX HOSE OR POOL HOSE IS PREFECT.
5FT OF HOSE WILL PUT YOU ABOUT 1 FT-1.5 FT ABOVE THE RACK.
TO INSTALL, PULL THE BLACK PLASTIC OFF THE RIGHT HAND SIDE(IN SITTING POS). YOU WILL NEED TO PULL THE FACTORY SNORKEL OFF AND PLACE THE NEW ONE IN, SILICONE FIRST. CUT A 2'' HOLE IN THE FIRE WALL AND ONE ABOVE IT IN THE FINDER. THE HOSE SHOULD COME OUT BETWEEN THE BARS ON RACK. THEN YOU CAN BRACE IT UP AND PUT A 90* ELBOW ON THE TOP TO KEEP WATER RAIN WATER OUT.

FOR A BRACE I WELDED A PIECE OF 1/8 STEEL PIPE TO A STEEL PLATE WITH SOME BRACE AND U BOLTED IT TO MY RACK. THEN A ZIPTIED IT TO THE SNORKEL WITH THE EXTENDED CARB ETC.... THEN SNAP THE PLASTIC BACK ON AND YOU ARE READY TO GO DEEP DIVEN.

INSTALLATION WAS 20 MIN AND EASY TOO.
I WILL TRY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO ASK

·
Registered
81 Posts
Do you have any pis of what it looks like. just wanna see it

·
Registered
19 Posts
is your bike an 01-04 or an 05. If it is an 01-04 I can show you some pics of the bike on a website. This bike on this website has the same snorkel, but i chose to run mine under that black piece by the tank because it looks a whole lot better.

go to this site, when you get to the home page click on quads.
once you do that click on ''rubicon'' at the top, and once there click on the word'' snorkel'' highligted in blue.

www.ansley.net

·
Registered
81 Posts
no it is a 05 does anyone have pics of how they did theirs i think i could figure it out. Just wanted some ideas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
snorkle

hey i have a 2004 rubicon that i just made my snorkle all out of 2 inch pvc pipe,and ran it under the black plastic then through the inner fender and then over and up through the fender. 2004 rubicon 2in highlifter lift kit,highlifter front disc brakes, jet kit,k&n air filter,mudbuster cam kit,dsx supertrap exhaust,warn 4-2-4 kit,2 in wheel spacer all four,28 in itp mudlights,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,custom snorkle,detroit gearless locker,heated hand grips

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
the rubicon is very easy to snorkel but what if you dont want to cut plastic? I was going to do mine like raveer but i think its a little different on the foreman 500 than the rubi because i cant find a easy way. i know its possible to run it up to the top light but i also cant find a way to do that eather without cutting plastic. the bottom line is i want a snorkel but i dont want to cut plastic and i also want it to look good. amy help would be great.
-Aaron

1 - 12 of 12 Posts