Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.. so out wheelin Sat night and i bumped into a tree... hard enough to dent the front bumper. I went to back off the tree, and i put it in reverse and hit the gas and it didn't move. Put it in HI and nothing, Lo and nothing. I tried D1, D2, and ESP and it makes no difference. Put it in neutral and no N shows up. The N green light flickers. The D, L, R all appear on the screen as normal but NO GO!!! While they were towing me back the red reverse light light flickered along with the green neutral light but no N ever showed up.. and i of course i cannot start it in Neutral at all... i have to be in Reverse or Drive and pull the front brake to start her... i know the is the gear selection sensor, but would that cause it not to want drive????? The computer never entered limp mode and never gave me any codes. I checked the oil and it seems a little dirty but there is plenty in there. There are no noises coming from the transmisison or sub transmission. Anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dang!!! Thanks for the diagnosis.... OK... so... is this something i can do myself or do i need to take it in??? and if i take it in are they going to cover it under warranty?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i cant answer the warranty question but, if you have the tools to do it i would just do it your self. if it is the first time you have been in the motor i recomend getting a shop manual. its not a bad job at all but if you dont have the place to do it or the tools to do i i would just take it to the shop.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Isn't there something more reliable than a chain in the year 2007? From what I have read (never had any problems out of my 05 Ruby), the chain is cause of failures.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I thought someone told me in '05 Honda updated the oil pump chain with a better tensioner set up.Is this true?

·
Registered
4 Posts
same thing happened to mine i did it myself with engine in bike not too bad of a job. just be careful with the end of crank were the suport bearing is its very soft! What i found that causedit was the chain was streched a little but the oil pump sprocket was wobly i got a flat washer and beveled it a little to take up the slack so far it works good.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
^^Are you serious? I can't believe that Honda tolerances allow for washers

Isn't there a reason the gear is/was wobbly?.................a washer, that blows me away

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ohhh i am going to keep the bike.. i love it.... i am just going to have my insurance repair it....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.