Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a 4' x 7' with a gate be sufficient to haul a Foreman or should I fork out an extra $200 for the 5' x 8'?

Thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 5 X 8 and unless you will never haul any more than your 4 wheeler, this is minimum. I have just enough room to have 4 wheeler and generator to my hunting camp. Now wish I got a 5 X 10. If only pulling 4 wheeler, 4 X 7 would suffice.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
What year of foreman? 05-06 are 83 inches ( 7 foot ) long and 46.8 inches (4.o7 foot) wide. 04 and older are 77.3 in (6.4 foot) long and 45.3 (3.77 foot) wide. 5x7 will work for both, but why not get a little bit longer so you have room for more stuff? Remember longer is easer to back up and see while pulling.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Your welcome.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Don't know how to delete this post so I will just post this lol.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
You also got to take into consideration that one day you may want bigger
tires & then it may not fit on the trailer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have a 98 full size chevy stepside that has a bed that is exactly 48" wide and has a 6' bed. With the aftermarket rims and tires, i have to force it in to the bed(width) and the only way you might get the tailgate to shut is to bust the back glass(dont laugh, it is not that hard to do)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Get the bigger one. I had a 4 footer and when I got my aluminum rims, they are a little bit offset. This makes them stick out more. I got it on the trailer without having to force it, but when the road got bumpy, I scratched the heck out of the edge of my rims. I now have a 5x10 and somewhat scratched up rims.....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a 6x10 and it fits my Foreman and my daughters 90 (sideways) and that is all I can get on the trailer. I am going to go bigger, I want to be able to hold 4 full size ATV's

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I just got a 5x14 for the price of a 5x13 will tell the story and get a pic asap!

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
we put a my rubi and a Foreman with a basket rack on 5x14 with no problem

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Here she is, I love my new trailer! It's a 5x14 with a 2 foot dove tail and a 3 foot gate.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Wow, you went from one extreme to the other. You chose wisely. Backing up the larger trailer makes it worth it alone. Trying to back up my 5 X 8 trailer is trickey. I have backed up boat trailers for years with no problems, but with the short trailer, it becomes a tricky job. I have a utility trailer (very small) and pull with my Foreman. Backing up is almost impossible. Longer is always better. Looks great. Good luck with it, you did well. Congrats.

·
Registered
424 Posts
That looks like a great setup. Plenty of room.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yea im debating between a 5x8 or a 5x10 myself

I will only be hauling my 4wheeler and I couldnt fit 2 uts on a 5x10 anyway so I think im going to opt for the 5x8 .. unless yall can talk me out of it

·
Registered
88 Posts
I sprung for the 7x16. I can fit at least 4 on there with no issue. I would always spring for the larger. Its easier to put too little on it than to stretch it to fit a larger load.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts