Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have a quick question on a 2014 Honda Rubicon 500.

Doing a top end rebuild, and wondering if anyone knows the head cap nut and main clutch bolt torque specs?

Local dealer said the clutch nut is 87 and cap nuts are 39 ft lbs, but that seems a little high.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much Wilbur!

That is very helpful!
Your service manual for the 2005 - 2012 Rubicons said 39 ft lbs as well so I will just go with that!
Technically this a little newer and also fuel injected but I suppose the engine is still fairly well the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
YW, sorry it didn't have your year in there. Hopefully those will get added soon. I have a bud at the Honda shop and I'm going there today, I'll ask if they have any pdf's they can share.
I have the 14-17 service manual pdf....made a post a long time ago willing to share it, but never got a response.
If you want it, pm me your info so you can post it on your google drive for others...
Let me know.
John

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the 14-17 service manual pdf....made a post a long time ago willing to share it, but never got a response.
If you want it, pm me your info so you can post it on your google drive for others...
Let me know.
John
That's a great and generous offer there John. That's not my google drive, it was a link I grabbed from this site here. Let's see if we can find out who has access to it and hopefully get it added.
If any MODS see this post and can get with Crusader, I'm sure a lot of members would appreciate having that SM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts