Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. First time here. I am going to rebuild the top end of my 400. I’ll be replacing the cylinder as well. What manufacturer would you recommend or not recommend for this project? And if I go with the 450 kit, do I absolutely have to port the head? If I do t what will I expect? Thank you for any and all info in this!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Imo brand name doesn't matter if your going w aftermarket parts. I've used everything from wiseco to no name brands for top end builds and couldn't notice a difference. Now if your buying a carb I would buy oem. As far as porting the head I would say it's not necessary but I'm sure other ppl might say different. Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imo brand name doesn't matter if your going w aftermarket parts. I've used everything from wiseco to no name brands for top end builds and couldn't notice a difference. Now if your buying a carb I would buy oem. As far as porting the head I would say it's not necessary but I'm sure other ppl might say different. Good luck
Thank you very much! I found a kit that is a 432 big bore kit that has a oem Honda jug and piston. It’s rather expensive it I reckon I’ll get it and use it. I appreciate the info!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts