Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
IF you're careful with them,side-cutters work the best,I also have a flat bladed screwdriver that I bent the end 90 degrees which works pretty good also.Replacement retainers can be found at auto parts places.Chevy part #11561878 works really good also and they're cheap!

·
Registered
404 Posts
A nail puller like this works perfect

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've got a better one, check out Channelock tools (made in my hometown) I have this pair that looks like needle nose with hooked flat ends and they are the exact width to pull them out without a scratch. Reply if you want to see a pic of them. I think this is what they were made for. Works VERY slick!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ("dieselsmith":2xwz6p7c)
I've got a better one, check out Channelock tools (made in my hometown) I have this pair that looks like needle nose with hooked flat ends and they are the exact width to pull them out without a scratch. Reply if you want to see a pic of them. I think this is what they were made for. Works VERY slick!
pic would be great!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Here you go. 748 is stamped on it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
do what i am about to start doing, and take 2 rivets out and stick a long zip tie through 2 adjacent holes and tighten down, easy to get off with some wire cutters or a pocket knife and easy enough to fasten back down

i jerry rig everything i can so i dont have to spend money

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thats a rig! These tools are cheap and the cat's meow. I like mine looking like new longer and don't mind spending money to do it!

·
Registered
394 Posts
yea well when your fender gets hung on a log and rips the rivet out of the hole a few times then the hole gets stretched and wont hold a rivet, although i have no tried to put a washer on the backside of the plastic then pull the rivet to give it something to hold onto but i think that would work

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
I found this thread...and have the same Question!

I use side cutters & screwdrivers VERY carefully, but with all the past photos gone.......anybody wanna post some pics of what you use?

:nicetopic

·
Registered
192 Posts
QUOTE (C1iffburton @ Nov 14 2007, 08:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=88438
do what i am about to start doing, and take 2 rivets out and stick a long zip tie through 2 adjacent holes and tighten down, easy to get off with some wire cutters or a pocket knife and easy enough to fasten back down

i jerry rig everything i can so i dont have to spend money

Ditto....Blk zip ties

·
Registered
88 Posts
We ride through some narrow trails and creeks so we're always catching the plastic on trees and rocks. I've already cracked my right rear fender and had to frankenstein it about 12 inches and some of the left front about 3 inches. All on the push clips holding the green plastic to the bottom black plastic have all popped out or broken. I dont care to replace them either, that way the plastic can just bend and not have pressure from the where the clips are attached. So far its worked out just fine and no more bad cracks or rips in my plastic. If I get in a tight spot the fender just bends back and gives way till I move and then they go back to original form. The zip ties in the holes seem like they would be worse and cause the plastic to rip easier since there is nothing to give way when the plastic reaches its breaking point.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
TooDeep!

those look like the pair of pliers I made back in the day for my Harley's spark advance yearsss ago! :eek:k

·
Registered
297 Posts
I just bought a puller form my snap on guy lol

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
QUOTE (onebad420a @ Mar 16 2010, 06:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=149415
I just bought a puller form my snap on guy lol
Man are you one of them rich guys?.....hehehe

all joking aside , its nice to have proper tools to work on stuff Ive had to "make Due" all my life & now that ive got some age on me and dealing with Metric stuff Ive had to buy a few tools myself...that Making due crap was getting old!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.