Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me exactlty how much (if any) toe in there should be on a 06 500. Mine was substantial, I am correcting it but need to know if there is supposed to be any, or should they be straight with the back wheels. Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
there is suppose to be a slight loe out on these foremans not a whole lot just enough to tell that one is slightly sticking out

·
Registered
338 Posts
both of mine are toed out a good bit....i tried to adjust it today but couldn't get the inside nut to back off on both sides so I just said the **** with it and I'm gonna take it to someone that has better tools. Anyone know of a better way to get the nut to loosen up....I can get the one closest to the tire but the other one I can't budge. I need a wrench that has a bend on it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
just need to loosen the nut closest to the wheel and adjust it to where one has a slight outward angle

·
Registered
108 Posts
one nut is standard and the other is backwards meaning you gotta turn it the wrong way to loosen it. I did mine after it drove me crazy looking at it that way for 2 weeks. Heck i dont remember but i know atleast one of the nuts is backward threads maybe both i cant remember exactly.

·
Registered
108 Posts
one nut is standard and the other is backwards meaning you gotta turn it the wrong way to loosen it. I did mine after it drove me crazy looking at it that way for 2 weeks. Heck i dont remember but i know atleast one of the nuts is backward threads maybe both i cant remember exactly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE ("Honda Mechanic":17cykxvy)
TM: Toe-out: 1 plus/minus 15 mm (1/32 plus/minus 19/32 in)
FM/FE: Toe-out: 30 plus/minus 15 mm (1-3/16 plus/minus 19/32 in)
Honda Mechanic,

I guess when I asked what "exactlty the toe in" is supposed to be, you took me serious. Thanks for your post but in layman terms what should I be looking at? The front tires should both being pointing slightly outward? Again, thanks for the info, wish I knew how to use it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Use what we call a "crow's foot" to get the inner nut loosened. Just put it on along with a long extension and a ratchet, you should be able to get it then! Check the pic below

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just used a streight edge and a square across the front with both tires off seting on jack stands.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I noticed this on a friends foreman (06 ES, same as mine) and his friends Foreman (07 S) when we all were going down a rode. The toe seemed awfully severe. Why does Honda do that? What is the benefit? Mine apparently is the same way and I was thinking about taken it to the dealer and have them adjust it since mine is under warranty.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Can anyone tell me exactlty how much (if any) toe in there should be on a 06 500. Mine was substantial, I am correcting it but need to know if there is supposed to be any, or should they be straight with the back wheels. Thanks
man, i was told that the way to adjust this is by loosening the two locknuts on either tie rod, and adjust the toe with the tie rod...but, i couldn't get the inner tie rod lock nuts to loosen, so i took my tie rod ends out of the steering knuckle and tightened them two turns. it fixed the toe in, and my steering geometry was back to normal. that hl lift kit made my bike handle poorly and have excessive toe in. now, i can run 50mph confidently again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.