Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST GOT A NEW RUBICON AND I WANT SOME HELP DECIDING ON SOME TIRES. I LIVE IN SOUTHEAST LOUISIANA SO 24" OF MUD AND WATER IS A REGULAR ON OUR TRAILS HERE IN BAYOU COUNTRY. I HAVE HAD 26" ITP 589'S ON MY 2004 FOREMAN AND THEY WERE GREAT. I WOULD LIKE A TIRE THAT CAN PERFORM LIKE THESE BUT ARE LIGHTER AND MORE TRAIL FREINDLY. I HATE TO LOOSE ALOT OF POWER LIKE I DID WITH THE FOREMAN 450. HERE ARE THE CHOICES:

1. 26" MAXXIS MUDZILLA

2. 27" MAXXIS ZILLA'S

3. 27" MUDLITE XL'S

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT THE RIDE OF THE MUDZILLA COMPARED TO MY 589'S? THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!!

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
I have had no experience with the mudzillas but if I remember right they are a heavy tire. Just mounted a set of 27 zillas on a buddy's and they are a pretty light tire and look like they will out perform the mudlites, haven't got to see them in action yet. Another tire that works well is the mudbugs.

Out of the 3 that you listed for trail and mud use I would pic the zillas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS THAT IS WHAT I THINK ALSO. I KNOW THE MUDZILLA IS HEAVY. A BUDDY OF MINE I COONHUNT WITH HAS THE MUDBUGS ON A 350 RANCHER AND HE IS USUALLY THE TRAIL BLAZER, BUT HIS IS ALL TIME 4X4 SO WE ARGUE ABOUT WHO REALLY HAS THE BETTER TIRE!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Out of those three,definately the 'Zillas.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'd go 9" on front and 11" on the rear.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Personally I'd go with the MudLite XLs I haven't had an ounce of issues with them they seem really lite and aside from the occasional rut snagging me I don't get stuck , hopefully the 2 inch lift will correct that...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Not to Hyjack, but. What about running 26-10's front and back?? Would that be a bad thing? Looking at Maxis BigHorns.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'd go with the zilla's. I have the mudlite XTR's 27x11x14's on all 4 corners (waste of money) and a friend just bought a set of 28x11x14 zilla's and they pull much better than the itp's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts