Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good websites for tire reviews?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i say here

ask and i am sure youll get plenty of opinions of what tire to use.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
There have been a couple articles in some magazines, but Sometimes those are a bit off base. I can tell you what works well down here, but we are mostly fla sandy trails w/ soupy mud for the most part. But chances are that is not what you have up there.

What type of riding do you do? Terrain? rocks, mud, water, hills? Are you lookig for more ground clearance?

That will help determine a type of tire, along w/ how much you plan on spending. Most of us have been doing this for a while, and have ran different type tires, so we can help us much as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE ("truegrit":3lxlja4y)
There have been a couple articles in some magazines, but Sometimes those are a bit off base. I can tell you what works well down here, but we are mostly fla sandy trails w/ soupy mud for the most part. But chances are that is not what you have up there.

What type of riding do you do? Terrain? rocks, mud, water, hills? Are you lookig for more ground clearance?

That will help determine a type of tire, along w/ how much you plan on spending. Most of us have been doing this for a while, and have ran different type tires, so we can help us much as possible.
My buddy bought a King Quad 700 and wants to know what the best tire is. The terrain is a mix of everything you mentioned, but we tend to be in the mud more often. He was looking into 589's, but had heard they're heavy and ride like a tractor. He needs every bit of help to try to get an edge on the Honda's.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
589s will smooth out after about 5 mph as most mud tires do. Bugs are popular on here and Dirt Devils area good smooth tire as well.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It really depend's on how much you ride in mud and other terrain you ride in.The 589 in one of the smoothest,lightest aftermarket tires on the market for all around trail and light mud use.The Mudbug's are a better mud tire than the 589 and Mudlites.Anymore of a pure mud based tire is were the tractor ride comes in,589 are nowhere near a tractor ride though.Try riding on a set of Outlaw's,they'll rattle all the change out of your pocket's and loosen bolt's on your bike...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts