Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 Foreman is in need of new rubber. She is used only for hunting and I plan on going with the stock size again. I have been looking at Kenda Bear Claws. Are these a good value or are there better tires?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
The original bear claws are very good all around tires, the 8 ply htr is even better but cost.more being radial. AMS slingshot is another good tire.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
What are you driving with for tires now and what kind of terrain do you have to work with? Have you been getting stuck looking for something more aggressive or something not too rough?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are you driving with for tires now and what kind of terrain do you have to work with? Have you been getting stuck looking for something more aggressive or something not too rough?
Right now she has the factory tires that are pretty dry rotted. The terrain is mostly swampy and flat here on the east coast of NC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had ITP Mudlite AT's on my rancher they did really well as long as you didn't go through thick mud. They did tend to wear fast and are a little more money than the original Kenda Bearclaws. I've not had a set of the Kenda's personally but my cousin did and they went great and are my first choice of a replacement tire when my current tires wear out.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Kenda K538 Executioner also great tires that wear like iron and do OK most places, just they run a little smaller than tire size says and there a little on the heavier side, but that is also why they wear like iron, lots of rubber to them, about bullet proof and can be driven on FLAT NO air and might not even know it LOL tuff tires! and bear claws are also GOOD tires, just threw these out there as they can be had pretty cheap and well, long time proven record of them being well liked and lasting a LONG time

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have Kenda Bearclaws on my 96 300fw and they are a great all around tire imo. They are even good in the snow and for plowing. They are decently priced and wear decently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I finally popped the cork on a set of Kenda Bear Claw HTRs. I can't wait to put them through their paces a in the deer woods. Great looking tires also.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great choice, I’ve heard nothing but good things about the HTR’s. I recently purchased a set of 26” CST Wild Thangs for my 450S and I’m loving them so far. I wish my Foreman was Camo like yours, looks badass!
Thanks. The Camo is a Realtree Xtra Vinyl Wrap. They sell the kits a Realtree.com. It took some time a patience but was well worth the effort IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts