Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know how to adjust the chain tensioner?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i can hear a slight ticking almost knocking noise coming from the engine, it sounds like it could be towards the front near the bottom of the engine it only makes it when the engine is reving down. do you have any idea what this could be?

·
Registered
174 Posts
As I said in a previous post " Welcome to the Honda 500cc owners club" These engines knock and rattle and tick and all kinds of things. if you can compare it with another but get used to the noises , at least I have. I gave up trying to make it quiet

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
QUOTE ("ClassA64":gh75vuhf)
As I said in a previous post " Welcome to the Honda 500cc owners club" These engines knock and rattle and tick and all kinds of things. if you can compare it with another but get used to the noises , at least I have. I gave up trying to make it quiet
In a way I'm kind of glad to hear that! I've been going crazy trying to get my valves quieted down,As long as they're set to spec. Then I think I'll just forget about it.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
very ture ClassA mine makes noises all the time and i just dont worry about it

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the thing is mine just started this noise, i have 3200 km on it and it is definetly not valve noise i am hearing. my valves have made noise since day one and they haven't changed one bit, but this new noise is starting to scare me because it is getting worse. like i said it makes the noise when i let off the throttle, when i rev it up it doesn't make it just when i let off.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how does the clutch basket come loose and what does it look like, can this be retightened or do i need to buy a new one?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Do you mean the product update for the clutch drive plate ..

If your clutch drive plate is loose and you hear it rattling then it's probably to late to tighten it .. Did you get a PUD letter from Honda that your bike was in the affected serial number range ..?..

We've replaced several cranks on bikes that customers waited to long to have the update done ..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i recieved the letter shortly after i bought the quad, i took it in for the recall and they replaced it, how does this problem effect the crank and how much does a new crank cost?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
On the affected bikes the noise/rattle is the clutch drive plate loose on the end of the crankshaft .. It will wear the splines and then when you install the new drive plate it will also be loose and the only way to tighten it is with a new crank ...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how does this plate come loose? is this something that honda would cover again or would i have to pay to fix this? will this cause any damage to other parts or can i just keep driving it as it is?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.