Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been members on many forums, Pistols, Tacomas, Tundras, CR500, and KTM's and Ive never had so many people look at your post and no one comments. Nothing, not even, check with so and so, he just did this a couple months ago, or I have this model and I did this. NOTHING!! Whats the point of the forum if your not going to help a fellow member out!!! Ive asked 5 or 6 questions and have had one respond!! This site SUCKS!!

Thats all folks!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sometimes not everyone gets on,here but there is a bunch of guys with knowledge if i dont get a response on a forum i just keep researching and you can always use the messenger on here as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have to agree with jdtuck4.... I've posted several posts and have only gotten one reply out of them all yet I see other people post things and get 20 replies.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
temagamiarearid, you figure someone with your time on the forum would be one of the guys that has read almost every post made over the years and you would have knowledge of most questions asked by the newbies. But, I can see you too haven't cared enough to help in anyway by your post to my post. And the first 2 guys to reply are newbies just like myself.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You guys are pretty selfish. Members of this forum aren't here to be at your beck and call. Some have jobs, some don't have computers at work to be able to check and see if you posted a question. Maybe the people reading don't have the answer to your question. Would you like to just have any answer or the right answer? Some questions are very specific and require exacting answers (such as engine specs) and few have the correct answers. This time of year people are on vacation, doing spring repairs to the house/property or just planning and getting out and enjoying the outdoors, kids are in summer sports and family obligations. Some people, like myself, may only visit the site once a week or less depending on what I am into at the time. If you get your panties in a twist because you don't get the answer you want in what you feel is a timely manner maybe try other sites as well and up your odds. Maybe purchasing a factory service manual would help you figure it out for yourself instead of wanting someone else to do the work for you.
No one is dissing you, we don't know who you are, we just have lives outside of this site.
Beyond that maybe you aren't a good fit for this site and should go elsewhere.
I've had it with all of the whiners out there.

Darrell

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not really sure how I'm being selfish. I too work 40+hours a week and I'm also in college part time... The VERY FIRST post I posted was asking for help how to upload pictures... Very simple question.... I'm pretty sure every single person that read that post knows exactly how to help, just too **** lazy to help a guy out. The only picture I still to this day have figured out how to post is my avatar...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ija1102, do it from your phone, it's the simplest fastest way that I've found to work on a few sites.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DT400, my service manual will be here today, so don't worry I won't bother you guys after that!!! I'll just keep to my selfish whiney ass and my book and also my full time biz I run along with my family and newborn oh and a dog too!! But i still find time to help someone in need, doesn't matter who what when or where, I'll help.

·
Registered
354 Posts
DT400, my service manual will be here today, so don't worry I won't bother you guys after that!!! I'll just keep to my selfish whiney ass and my book and also my full time biz I run along with my family and newborn oh and a dog too!! But i still find time to help someone in need, doesn't matter who what when or where, I'll help.
A service manual is a giant step in the right direction.
I don't think anyone, including myself" is asking you to stay away.
I see you too are also very busy, so you should understand why people may not be answering you. You have to admit that showing up, spending 3 weeks on the site and then name calling definitely isn't making you any friends.
Give people a chance...sometimes you need to just post something to your particular post, such as type "bump" this will move you back to the top as many other posts might have come after your and moved you down the list. You have several questions directly related to a specific piston manufacture and size. I have a Namura piston but only have a few hundred miles on it...definitely not enough to give any recommendation (or lack there of).
I see you run your own business....How many customers would you keep if you jumped all over them, none I can tell you.
The choice is yours to make be respectful and people will bend over backward to help you, be rude and no one will want to help.......

Darrell

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hate you feel that way guys i aint been on here long but im rebuilding a top end on a 2017 foreman and this site and others have helped me. If you have FB honda foreman club is fhe group name there is some pretty sharp folks on there as well. To me no question is a dumb question and at the same time im not gonna give someons advice on how i " Think" it should go or be. I you asked about a particular piston and honestly im a OEM person it may cost but to me its worth it. We all here for the knowledge and enjoy the hobbie and as far as uploading pictures i do it straight from the app

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
I'm not really sure how I'm being selfish. I too work 40+hours a week and I'm also in college part time... The VERY FIRST post I posted was asking for help how to upload pictures... Very simple question.... I'm pretty sure every single person that read that post knows exactly how to help, just too **** lazy to help a guy out. The only picture I still to this day have figured out how to post is my avatar...
There are many different ways to post pictures depending on what device your using and how your looking at the forum (web view, tapatalk). There is even a how to sticky post in the photo section. I'll look for your thread and see if there is enough specific info to give an answer. I use photobucket for most of my pics and just paste the img code into the post.

Back on topic.. The forum has taken a hit (just like all the others) and isn't as active as in the past. FaceBook has killed a lot of the forums and slowed down the ones that survived. Life is busy so I'm not as active at posting since most of the time I'm on the go and making a detailed post from the phone is tough to do. If you want to talk about my step son rolling a car, ex wife getting murdered (mother of my oldest daughter), how the business is going or other things that have been going on in my life in the last couple months just pm me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I kind of agree.. the forum is alright but for a typical class specific and well used Foreman 500 -- you would think there would be more people actively discussing things

My 2 cents

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Matthew Davis, unbeknown to me when I sent off my head and cylinder to get rebored and before I purchased all OEM parts some I really didn't need but I got them anyway. I just found out that oem pistons only go to 2 over a couple days ago. So, hinch the reason for asking about the 93mm Namura piston. Due to frivolous buying $800 dollars worth of parts, I now don't want or can buy a new oem cylinder. Also during this findings I've talked to a retired master mechanic from Honda and he's personally done a few 93mm bore jobs with the namura pistons and hasn't had any problems with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hate you feel that way guys i aint been on here long but im rebuilding a top end on a 2017 foreman and this site and others have helped me. If you have FB honda foreman club is fhe group name there is some pretty sharp folks on there as well. To me no question is a dumb question and at the same time im not gonna give someons advice on how i " Think" it should go or be. I you asked about a particular piston and honestly im a OEM person it may cost but to me its worth it. We all here for the knowledge and enjoy the hobbie and as far as uploading pictures i do it straight from the app

Why are you having to rebuild a 17 so soon??

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
well I am a fairly active member and to be honest, several of your treads and post, I honestly MISSED< never even seen them??
SO< it happens, members here have ALWAYS been helpful in my yrs on this site, m=never even seen anyone complain before to be honest!
I personally don't reply to treads unless I think I can help, I don't own a NEW atv, mine is almost 20 yrs old now, so, I don't have experience many here do with newer one's?
as I think many members here have same like deals>

this IS a forum, not a 24/7 help line too, which I think needs to be taken into consideration when ever anyone ask's a question on a forum,
ALSO< coming out of winter and finally getting nicer weather with summer coming in, many members here are NOT even active on the site, busy with other things in life.
YES you might be busy too, BUT your also SEEKING< info
for something IMPORTANT TO YOU!
that doesn't make it important to US members here, the one's buy in life , ain;t mid readers, to KNOW your posting questions.
they tend to check in as they have free time, and when they do check in, they normally offer very good help, patience is a part of being in the NEED for reply's, when things are slow on the site, like this time of yr!
like another member here already said, there are other places you can go to get answers or opinions, MAYBE faster too!

but I wouldn;t write this site off by saying, "THIS SITE SUCKS"
as tons of members here will tell you they got GREAT help, you'd honestly be in the rare that feels they didn't if you ask me?
DID you figure out how to post pic's??
if not let us know and will tell you
BUT< and DON"T mean to sound like a jerk here, BUT I too am a member of other forums, and almost ALL forums work the same way with posting pic's on them, so, if your getting so much help else where, HOW do you post pic's there??

and what is different on this site than there if there NOT the same way??
I would be interested in LEARNING this, as I gather the Mods here would too, as they just updated this site not so long ago, to be up to par with other sites??

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Ive been members on many forums, Pistols, Tacomas, Tundras, CR500, and KTM's and Ive never had so many people look at your post and no one comments. Nothing, not even, check with so and so, he just did this a couple months ago, or I have this model and I did this. NOTHING!! Whats the point of the forum if your not going to help a fellow member out!!! Ive asked 5 or 6 questions and have had one respond!! This site SUCKS!!

Thats all folks!!!
ALSO< I have to ask this, since you saying this site sucks?
you been on this site under a month, you started several treads, yet, you have ONLY adding to ONE tread other that your's??
SO< ain;t you doing exactly what your complaining WERE NOT doing, By NOT adding to anyone's treads or posts?
as if many other treads and posts have been on THIS SITE< since you joined, but yet you ONLY replied to ONE< besides your own??
SO<
like I said, things are slow here, and what have you added since you joined, other than questions important to YOU, several members HAVE replied to some of your treads too<I know for a fact I did?just NOT the one's I missed< and sorry about that I ain';t perfect by any means LOL

·
Registered
34 Posts
Matthew Davis, unbeknown to me when I sent off my head and cylinder to get rebored and before I purchased all OEM parts some I really didn't need but I got them anyway. I just found out that oem pistons only go to 2 over a couple days ago. So, hinch the reason for asking about the 93mm Namura piston. Due to frivolous buying $800 dollars worth of parts, I now don't want or can buy a new oem cylinder. Also during this findings I've talked to a retired master mechanic from Honda and he's personally done a few 93mm bore jobs with the namura pistons and hasn't had any problems with them.
10-4 i know your pain all too well...keep us updated let us know how it goes bud

·
Registered
704 Posts
just curious why you are rebuilding top end of a 2017, did it go swimming? i have seen tons of 10, 20 year old Honda's still running strong.. and yes some of them are rode hard.

·
Registered
885 Posts
temagamiarearid, you figure someone with your time on the forum would be one of the guys that has read almost every post made over the years and you would have knowledge of most questions asked by the newbies. But, I can see you too haven't cared enough to help in anyway by your post to my post. And the first 2 guys to reply are newbies just like myself.
after reading your post i decided i didnt have time to contribute as my fingernails really needed cleaning.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts