Honda Foreman Forums banner

Third Headlight Switch

41K views 61 replies 32 participants last post by  SSpeckerwood 
#1 ·
#2 ·
No, I haven't got one, but it does look cool. I am completely and totally broke right now though, so I won't be getting one. I dont think anyone needs one of those, but it couldn't hurt to have more lighting options lol.

#3 ·
I was thinking about it because in the winter when I have my windsheild on at night, I get a glare from the 3rd headlight

#4 ·
No need to spend $43.00. Just wire in a switch to cut power to the light. Works great when you want to use the front rack and don't want the light reflecting back in your face. Very easy, cheap and useful mod.

#6 ·
Don't know the wire color on your bike but it's real easy to do. Just get to the light socket and wire the switch in either wire to the light. It will work by breaking either the hot or ground connection to the light. You can use a marine toggle switch and add a water proof rubber cover.
I modified my center light to a 80 watt low beam and 100 watt high beam controlled with the factory handlebar switch. My cutoff switch just breaks the ground to the relays I used in the conversion.
At 45 mph at night with the moose around here, 210 watts (with the upgraded lower lights) on high beam could be a real lifesaver.

#7 ·
Bowhunt and H4, those are both good reasons, I didn't even think about that. But yeah, I think this is one of those things that can be a cheap 'do-it-yourself' mod, no need to spend $43 when you can probably do it yourself for under $10.

#9 ·
bowhuntwi1 I like the idea of that thing but why does it have to cost so much?

#12 ·
I didn't up grade my stock lower lights. The custom bumper made them even more useless than they were. I disconnected the stock lights and mounted a set of tractor work lamps with a flood light pattern to the bumper and wired them to the stock switch. The flood beam gives fantastic coverage from directly in front of the bike to fairly long range. Great for the rougher trails. I can easily upgrade the 55W H3 bulbs to 100's but there is honestly no need.

#14 ·
if you splice the green wire into a toggle switch, will this cut off the backlighting on the display pod? just curious I have a 06 Foreman ES and this is a very great idea

#15 ·
i you splice in where it comes out of the light you will have no problem with the dash light

#17 ·
I have one and I'm getting ready to install . Installation will not viod your warranty do to its a Honda plug and play setup. The same can be accomplished with just a plain switch between the headlight power feed , but not recommended it its new or you have extended warranty .

#20 ·
QUOTE ("bowhuntwi1":1gtlt8fg)
I was wandering has anyone added this to their Foreman?
I did it, but not with the outrageous kits they sell. NAPA, and a check for $11 bought me a heavy duty water resistant switch, and a rubber boot to thread on over the toggle switch. Looks great, performs even better.

#21 ·
#22 ·
I'm bored and about to do this mod to my headlight. Question is, can I locate the Green wire coming out of the harness on the handle bar, right by the switch? If so, wouldn't that be the same as splicing in at the back of the headlight? Just thought if that's possible, It would be easier and I can mount the toggle nearby. Let me know!

#23 ·
there might be a green wire going off the handle bars but it would also go to the lower headlights so splacing in right htere would just add another on off switch for all the head lights.

#25 ·
I remember reading on another thread how to wire the factory Hi/Low beams to cut off the third headlight. Now I can't find it! I have a cheap toggle switch and can install in 5 mins, but sure would be cool if it was wired to cut off on low beams...I know I've read it somewhere, can anyone help?

#26 ·
On my 06' Foreman ES, It's not the green wire....there's a solid green and a green w/ a stipe. I spliced into the solid green and now have the unique ability to shut the power off to my display screen....I'll have to find the right wire later, anybody know which on it is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.