Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about a foreman, but concerned about the ride quality, power for hill climbs and spacing of gearing( some people say that you are constantly shifting between 4th and 5th to try and find the sweet spot. Maybe a 420 would be a better choice???

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i love my 05 it rides nisely not as nise as an IRS but a 420 wouldn't ride that good either. the 500 has more than enough power to take you up any hill even with a passanger. when i ride fast i never have to constantly switching between 4th and 5th unless im doing up a hill i might need to go down to 4th.

G

·
I am also trying to decide between Honda Foreman 500 and Rancher 420... any input on which ATV provides the best balance between work horse around the farm and fun trail riding?

thanks,

·
Registered
71 Posts
They are both good bikes, I've had not problems with my 420!!! The EFI
gives enough ump to make it up any hill, and I'm 245 lbs and with the liquid cooling, you can push and play harder !!!!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The Foreman 500 is not the smoothest ATV I've ever ridden but it sure has enough power.Riding the trails at fast speeds,I Haven't had to downshift.I'm 6'2" and 215 lbs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The foreman will probably be the better choice if you plan to use it for any amount of work. The biggest draw to the foreman over the rancher for me was the size. I just felt more comfortable sitting on the foreman.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. I was trying to decide between the TRX420FM and TRX500FM for the last few months as well. Both quads have their pros and cons. I personally decided on the Foreman because I will be doing some deer lease work with it as well as moving my boat around the house, the hp ratings are close but the foreman has the low end grunt to get a load moving. I decided I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! Also, the price difference was only $300 out the door. Those are the reasons I chose a Foreman, that doesn't mean I think I'm right and everyone should buy what I did. They're both great bikes, good luck to you. I bought mine 12/14/07 and am really enjoying it!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I also could not decide which one to buy, but decided on the foreman 500FM and glad I did. Some of the thing's that helped me decide were the bigger seat for riding doubles, dual rear shocks, center headlight, price difference, and the main thing was that I wanted a foot shift but also wanted the speedometer/ hourmeter, which you can't get both on the 420. I really like the power of the foreman and it is very comfortable, even when riding doubles. Either bike would be a good choice though

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would definately agree with everyone about this. I have an 06 500 LOVE IT, and it has more than enough power for anything you can throw at it. The only con right now is that there is not as many performance upgrades for the 500 but it's coming along. Get the foreman you won't regret it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.