Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright im knew here so hello everybody. But i have a 1998 Foreman 450 . I already have wheels and tires on it and a 424 unlocker. But i want somethin to give it more umph. I was lookin at a Highlifter clutch kit and a jet kit. And if i lift it should i put the HL Lift springs on it to. And some people say that a snorkle gives you more power.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
The clutch kit will help you get the tires turning quicker in the thicker mud. also the jet kit will not benifit enough to notice without adding a aftermarket exhaust of some sort. Most here will tell you not to add both the springs and lift, one reason being that it will add excessive stress to the drivetrain. I run the springs only with no lift, because I kept beaking stuff. now for the snorkel, it will let the engine breath alittle better, but you will gain more with an exhaust to go along with the extra air that you are letting in.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i saw that and thats what got me thinkin about it. How much did it cost you to do. And what all would i need to get for it. Would it be cheaper then a clutch kit and exhaust. And it it easier to put on then a 424 unlocker.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
The post above has all the prices and part #'s needed for the gear reduction. The first kit I picked up cost me $450 and the second cost me $75 and I install them myself. The price for the exhaust and jets may be a little cheaper, but IMO you will gain more from the gear reduction. I would reconmend buying the clutch kit if and when you do decide to do the reduction. It's is in the same area, so why not do both at one time. The installation is not to bad, it will require a puller to get the centrif clutch out and everything else is just basic hand tools.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine turns 28 outlows great and i have a locker also. I got clutch kit,supertrapp,jet kit. My friend turns 29.5s outlaws, he only has the gear reduction. For the money the gear reduction is the best bang for the buck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.