Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is me testing the new snorkel, in the first pick I was startin to roll on me so i had to jump off, I'm about 6' 4" so you get an idea of how high the water is. And by the way thats the Big Muddy River in Southern Illinois, awsome place to ride, just got to watch your step.....lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thats some deep water! Nice pics

·
Registered
936 Posts
nice pic. how far from nobel il are you. cuz the big muddy is bout 2 or 3 miles west of me. its a nice place to ride.. tell u get to the places with no bottom. been there a few tiems.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i live in gold old vandalia

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Zeigler, i attend school at SIU in Carbondale home of the Salukis

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i know where that is pass there on my way to vianna

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Where is this place at? I'm in Illinois too!!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Does the place have a website or anyway of finding out info about it?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i dont think it has a web site since its just a river. mostly would be locels running in it

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Oh it's not a park?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
jwjr is sright
the big muddy river. is just a river that runs through southern il. there is not parks on it. so its just local trail.. its deep in some spots. we got a spot up here that bout 10ft deep. my unlce drove a rubicon off in it..

if i had my foremans 4-wheel drive goin i will sit up a ride..

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah its a great place to ride by, But its all privately owned, and just so happens my friend and his uncle owns it, there is everything from hills to mud holes that i don't think any bike could get through. We got some thick mud and just plain water holes. But now is the perfect time of the year to play in the river, its down and the run offs by the place are low as well, which means an endless supply of mud for those that want it. And at that same spot right there we sometimes take tubs and chairs and just sit out there all day and drink and soak up the beer and sun, especially on a hot summer day. we have people ride with us from all ages from 14 and 15 to 50 and 60 year olds. That specific part of the river is in plumfield Illinois between Zeigler which is were i live and West Frankfort on highway 148.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
its about an hour and a half from us contry i live in vandalia.

·
Registered
472 Posts
dang boys i wish we had enough water down here to use a snorkel, we've had like 1 inch of rain in the last month and a half or more

·
Registered
119 Posts
just curious in pic 1 how did you keep the quad running with the exhaust the deep under i have mine snorkeled good but yet when my exhaust gets submerged it kills

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
its an HMF it has plenty of backpresure, also i will idle completely submerged. I had no problems with it not dieing. I don't know why yours is unless there isn't enough backpressure. Try turning your idle up when your in water, i had to turn mine up just a bit but not to much

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.