Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanting to see if we have any other Texas members in here yet? I'm in the Houston area and have a great group I ride with pretty often. ALl the TX people...post away!!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Texan here. We ride in Crosby (Mel's) most of the time. We live between Humble & Huffman.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just found this today. We should let other texas rider know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
New here too and to ATVing! Where exactly is this Mel's and what do you have to do to ride out there? Thanks! I live in NW Houston...

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Mel's is right out of Crosby off of Hwy 90. It is also called Soggy Bottom.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE ("DuckForeman":3oz13wad)
New here too and to ATVing! Where exactly is this Mel's and what do you have to do to ride out there? Thanks! I live in NW Houston...
Man...if you haven't been to Mel's in Crosby...then you've never been ATVing. This place is great. It is cheap ($5) and has about 700+ acres of trails to ride on along the San Jac river.

Go over to <a href="http://www.texasatvs.com/forums/" target="_blank">http://www.texasatvs.com/forums/</a> and join this all Texas riders forum. 75% of the members are from the Houston area and we ride at Mel's pretty frequently.

Here is a map I drew up a while back to get there. It is crude...but it will get you there.

It is a great place to ride...but you'll need 4x4 and some good mud tires to get around to the best riding spots!!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
My wife & I went out there today. We were the only souls out there. I have off days during the week ( Tuesday & Wednesday). It was very nice out there today. We probably picked up $20.00 worth of cans. I think we picked up cans more than we rode. Still, we had fun. Later.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I was windering how far from Dayton, TX is that Park ya'll where talkin about it sounds like a cool place to ride ans even though i don't live in Texas my uncle does

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
It's probably about 35-40 minutes from Dayton. Definately worth the trip.

·
Registered
68 Posts
New here! I reside in Katy Tx. , but I ride at Crosby a whole lot!!!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I'll be there Saturday. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey

I live i Vidor, TX and we ride alot in Call TX. I have some friends that ride in Crosby and they say it is awsome. Do you know if you can camp out there or not. Would go this weekend also but I am on call.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I think you can camp out there on the weekends although i'm not sure.

·
Registered
68 Posts
If I did not have to work on sat I would totally go out to crosby!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Well, at least i'm not gonna be alone now. My 2 yr. old son is gonna come with
me now. My wife says she can't shop as good with him. What is it about women
& shoppin'? The sad thing is, my daughter is gonna be with her. She is gettin'
shoppin' thing down pat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Teach em when their young!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
mels is the place to be. I'm from baytown and we ride almst every weeekend.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
We are there almost every Saturday. If it ain't rainin', we will be there this
Saturday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i'm from tx...me and my sis ride............i got a 450s foreman and she has a rincon...but we're in the spring/woodlands area...when i'm not in school in nacogdoches....let me know of any good rides, b/c lately we just ride spring creek!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts