Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: Synthetic rope or steel (gorilla "upgrade" ) a

QUOTE ("Paul":2y9sg1o1)
got my gorilla winch and in says in the manual " replace line w/ nothing other than steel line same specs. etc. " It came w? Blue synthetic "upgrade" any exp.
the rope is a newer upgrade then the winch they print it in the manual beacouse they want you to buy there stuff.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have a Gorilla with synthetic rope and it works fine.

·
Registered
152 Posts
so how are your gorilla wiches doing i have thought about buying one but haven't known anyone with them

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I love my gorilla it works great!

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE ("swamprat":q3auarfj)
so how are your gorilla wiches doing i have thought about buying one but haven't known anyone with them
I have the waterproof 2500 and have used it more than ever expected and love it. I've had it about 3 months and has been underwater or buried in mud about everytime I've been out with the quad and never had any problems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i've had my 2500 for a few weeks. the one time i got buried and i couldn't winch it out. i'm sure if i wasn't stuck so bad or if i had more line to where i could'a ran 2 parts of line then it would'd pulled me out. the gorilla kit comes with everything you will need though. i had mine installed in about 2hrs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have Amsteel Blue on my Foreman,way better than wire rope.It spools better,doesnt kink,no little hide ripping burrs.
No more cable for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.