Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using for replacement pads for your brake kits? I was going to get the replacements directly from Superatv but they want $48 to ship them to Alaska. Looking for some alternatives if there are any.

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
I think it's a Yamaha brake pad but I would have to do the research again to find out which one. I get them from Superatv now and it's been a long time since I looked the stuff up.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried searching the archives but struck out. I've got about 1/32" of pad left and need to replace them this week. How did you go about searching for an alternative brake pad? I know EBC makes pads but don't even know where to start looking for them.

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
I got lucky and found a picture in the parts book that looked the same and ordered them. The guy I got them for (has replaced them since) says he orders them for a 500 Artic Cat.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Are these the ones you're talking about toodeep? N2 part #6600, they actually had these at the NAPA store I went to yesterday. These were for a Polaris.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, those are the ones. I found those a few minutes ago and am trying to find a set of the EBC version. Thanks for your help man.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Toodeep...

Have you ever ordered anything from The Big Bearing Store? I ordered 2 sets of those brake pads on Tuesday and haven't heard anything from them. Just curious what your experience was with them if you used them.

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
No I haven't, I was just using them as a reference to show the pads.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OK, no problem and thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
How did you turn out with this?

·
Registered
878 Posts
yup that pad will fit the super atv disc brake setup with a little bit of fitment of the holes.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered the one's from that link toodeep and they fit perfectly. I'm curious about longevity but we're getting close to winter up here so I won't know how long they will last until next year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok guys I've found a good substitute brake pad for the superatv calipers. I came across this forum because I too was looking for replacement pads and thought that the atv stores were overpriced.

After following toodeep's advice on the arctic cat using the same pads I went ahead and started searching for myself. I came across this set(3 pairs) which was $12.60 with tax and free delivery (which came next day). I can verify that these fit and are the exact same size and shape as the originals but I actually think the pad material is slightly thicker than original. I took screenshots of the compatibility list and the actual item so hopefully anyone looking for the pads in the future can source them for themselves 😊

1 - 14 of 14 Posts