Honda Foreman Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sound like you are homing in on it and have the bases covered
Keep us up to date

I used to have a Foreman 450 that was missing the baffles and would only backfire on a really hard decel when hot
When there would be a moose a ways up ahead on the trail -instead of going off trail and around, I would speed up drop 2 gears and BOOOOM! Just like a 10 gauge- and the moose would take off
I really thought it was going to blow the muffler off or apart -man it was loud
I finally got a decent used muffler put on and never could get the bike to do it again:(

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ok, guys. I took my buddy's perfectly working carb and put it on my 450. Guess what?

After a good hard 1 hour of riding. Full throttle up a hill and then coast all the way down with the engine braking the whole time on the coast, down shifting at 20 miles and hour, riding in 3 gear for 5 minutes without shifting or changing throttle.........not a single backfire, works perfectly with his carb! also cranks right up no hard start or hesitation. I learned yesterday from the top notch honda guys at a shop (Brookhaven Honda) about 75 miles away that the shindy pilot jets are notorious for being too small; therefore, producing lean results. And I will no longer get shindy or aftermarket carb kits. All three of the carbs had shindy kits in them.

Anyway, it looks like with a new OEM Honda Carb of my own will solve my issue.

Thank y'all for you comments and help. Wrap this one up!

·
Registered
52 Posts
So glad you got it figured out -I think the technicians might be confusing Shindy with
The cheap China kits
Shindy is pretty high-quality,made in Japan
I’ve never had a problem in over 25 years using their parts and haven’t heard anyone ever having consistent issues
At this point there could very well be Shindy counterfeit coming from China as well
Either way glad to hear you got it figured out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts