Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edmonton jan 29 and still no snow ,whats up with the rest of Canada,wish it would come,my kids would like to go gt'ing behind the quad, not much family fun this winter!

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Yeah the weather has been pretty off down here in Fl too, here it is the end of January and we are in the 80's what's up with that.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
QUOTE ("bnjeep":zhyv5ixt)
Yeah the weather has been pretty off down here in Fl too, here it is the end of January and we are in the 80's what's up with that.
i know you are not complaining right?

i dont know about you but i like sitting naked in my living room right now with all my windows and sliders open

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
No aint complaining, I will say i like it when it is a little cooler though makes my job a little easier. I would much rather have this then shoveling snow but I would like to ride in it though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We still dont have any snow which is really weard but the river is froze and I got 207km on my forman and most of it is on the river (122 miles we got that metric thing going on) but riding on the river 40 feet wide with tight turns mostly in 4th or 5th gear flat out is a blast ,you never sweat and if you are cold you aint ridin hard enough,average temp is about -10c to + 6c we slow down and take off into the bush on trails that I helped make with my buddies 25 years ago (gettin old when you can say that)I ran the river in the past on snowmobiles but none of them are out this year yet ,man am I glad I bought a new quad insted of a new snowmobile

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
-10c = what in Fahrenheit? (what can i say? i went to a public school)

i would be afraid of the ice breaking. i always see people falling in on TV....BBBRRRRRRRRRGGGHHHH

·
Registered
29 Posts
We just got pelenty of snow here on the avalon something like 50cm in St. Johns.But I not complain I got 2 days off school and I talk 5 off my buddies to let me tow them on gts(3) and (2)on Snowbroads behind my Rubicon.Should me an interesting day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
get some video!! and post it ,next time we go out I'm gonna take some and post it just to show the boys down south a picture of riding in the snow

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
deadmullet -10c is 14f and 0c is 32f ,not that cold

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
BRRRRR! Too cold for me!!!! But ya'll are a little more used to it than us! I'm just sitting here watching it RAIN! I guess it's gonna rain all day, but we did need it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
If -6C is too cold for ya then you wouldn`t want to be here a few weeks ago it was -20C 3 days in a row(which is -4F for you below the border)

·
Registered
244 Posts
wow it's just been cold and damp here in Pa..every ride has had some rain involved since november and we've had some warm days but they are when your stuck at work during the week.i have since invested in some serious rain gear and now just ride all day in the rain and i still stay warm.the dampness is a killer tho with a 38 degree day and rain.free bikewash with a rain ride tho.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in the crowsnest pass, alberta and there is mabye a foot of snow in town, but 20 minutes south and your into 5 or 6 feet average. i was out last night it was warm only -10 c and clear barley needed the headlights. i go out with a buddy and his wife on a rhino, i'll get some vid next time what a howl, i have the samsung helmut cam but still can't seem to have it on my head when someone is doing something stupid. oh well gotta go ride it's sunny and clear and the sledders should be packing a highway even further back.

·
Registered
244 Posts
we got about 15-18" here in SE PA and i just got home.20 hrs plowing with the rancher since yesterday.57 miles in the 20 hrs.....i'm going to bed.I'll have pics up soon.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Make me glad to live waaaay down South. Although, i think it would be
neat to have snow for a little while, it would get old after a while. It is very
pretty to look at though. It got down in the 30's last night & i thought i was
gonna die. Coldest it's been all winter here.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This has been the warmest winter I can remember until now -28c with the wind it is - 46c and not being use to it ,it really sucks,AND STILL NO SNOW!! (-28 c is -18f and -48 is-54f) Hope it warms up by sunday or no ridin

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I am so glad i don't live there. I will admit it. I'm a tit when it comes to cold
weather.

·
Registered
244 Posts
nice....i hope you have a sled to get around on.i'm sure you do as anyone who lives where they get that much snow on a yearly basis should have one.as for the cold.....if it's that cold it had better be snowing if not it's just cold and that annoys me.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts