Honda Foreman Forums banner

Starting it up

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  SASQUATCH 
#1 ·
A friend of mine was hanging out while I was changing my oil after the sinking, and he thinks it should start easer than it does. Do you guys have a hard time starting your foremans? It's always been that way so I don't think the sinking has anything to do with it. I have always had to choke it to start it, even have to give it gas. Do I need to bump up the idle?

#2 ·
sorta like to know about this myself i have the same issue

#4 ·
some bikes start hard and some start easy. my rubicon starts real easy but my dads rubicon and rancher starts hard. same way with my dads old 300 his starts easy but mine did not.
-Aaron

#6 ·
Bumping idle is just a band aid. Once the engine is warm it will call for more fuel and now it will idle way to high because you messed with it. I think if it was me I would WOT at start and hold on, just kiddin'. I would probably start with air/fuel.

I've found that after installing jet kit on both my Rinny and Ruby they start much, much better; night and day difference in fact. Won't really give you any more power but it will improve throttle response and starting. Good luck!!

#7 ·
QUOTE ("Eric":17g2rcka)
Bumping idle is just a band aid. Once the engine is warm it will call for more fuel and now it will idle way to high because you messed with it. I think if it was me I would WOT at start and hold on, just kiddin'. I would probably start with air/fuel.

I've found that after installing jet kit on both my Rinny and Ruby they start much, much better; night and day difference in fact. Won't really give you any more power but it will improve throttle response and starting. Good luck!!
I was wondering if a jet kit would help. It's on my list of things I "need" to buy!

#8 ·
Most bikes you just need to adjust the idle a bit and it should just start right up

#9 ·
Mine used to do the same thing, but with a new plug, all the mods, and a few hundred miles it starts at the touch of the button without the choke bein pulled, every now and then ive got to bump the throttle but no biggie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.