Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so i picked up a bike and the start button does not engage at all. No click or anything.... i can cross the solenoid and get it to start fine so i wasn’t sure what the issue was. I replaced the battery, starter, put a brand new solenoid in and even took apart the bar controls to blow out any mud/sand deposits that could have been lodged in there. Kinda stumped and dont want to have to take apart all the wiring to the bar controls if i dont have to. I ruled out what i thought could be all the possible issues so any feedback would be appreciated. Really tired of having to take my seat off every time i need a start -__-

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine did that. Turned out it was a corroded wire in the wire harness to computer. I think it was in the middle connector but not 100% on that. Been years. I used Deoxit and Lots of dielectric grease after. No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine did that. Turned out it was a corroded wire in the wire harness to computer. I think it was in the middle connector but not 100% on that. Been years. I used Deoxit and Lots of dielectric grease after. No issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Middle connector going to the ECU im assuming which is located on the gas tank correct? I’ll try disconnecting and blowing out any crap that may be in there. The button has no power what so ever so

·
Registered
21 Posts
^ I second this. A good multi-tester and the wiring diagram from the manual will be the way to fix this without throwing parts at it. Many times it can be narrowed down to a bad connection at a connector.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Okay so i checked my voltage at the back of the bike where the start button connector plugs into my solenoid connection. One of the prongs at the connector measures a healthy 30.0 amps and the other prong measures 0.0. Would that rule out that i need a new button?

·
Registered
322 Posts
13.8 volts DC would be about the maximum voltage when not running, are you sure you have your meter on dc? To check the button, disconnect the hot wire from the battery and ohm out the switch. It should read infinity when connected and when you push the button it should read zero. Just to be clear, put one wire on one lead and the other on the other lead, set meter to ohms.

·
Registered
322 Posts
NP, been there, done that and only got by with help from others. We will do what we can to help. I hope you have a service manual to reference, if not, maybe we can find ya one. If that's the 2019 I still think you should investigate warranty, just don't mention going in any high water. As said in other thread, you can run the vin to see if it's still under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts