Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked but I see different answers. If I bypass the neutral safety on my 2003 S by grounding the Light green/red wire, will the neutral light stay on? If so, what are the other steps to make it work like normal? Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Yes it will stay on if you ground it from the position switch. To do it so then light still works you would have to ground the neutral wire going into the cdi and the neutral wire going to the starter solenoid.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Neutral wire is the same color throughout the machine, light green with red stripe.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
I've rigged up a 350 Rancher and a 97 300 to start in gear with the brake lever pulled like the newer bikes. Requires buying a right brake lever off of a newer bikes that has microswitches built in like an 05-up Foreman or a 420 Rancher ($15-20 on ebay) and a relay with a little wiring work.

I can copy the directions here if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
For anyone wanting to do this, ultimately you hook in a relay as follows.

Grounded wire goes to switch on brake lever

Wire coming off of other side of switch on brake lever goes to relay 85

Black/ brown wire coming off of 15A lights fuse goes to relay 86

Relay 87 is grounded

Snip wire going to neutral light

Relay 87A goes to neutral light

Relay 30 goes to wire you snipped off that used to go to neutral light.

That will allow you to start in gear while holding the right brake lever back, and your neutral light will NOT be on all the time, but will be on when you're in neutral.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It worked! I grounded the wire coming from the transmission so the neutral light is still on for now.Until I can ground the one going into the cdi. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
My shift lever broke inside the gearbox. I didn't want to split it. I replace the shift lever by removing the gearbox cover. The machine could not tell what gear it was in, therefore wouldn't crank unless I pulled the shifter halfway up and got a 'N" light. I grounded the green/red stripe wire coming from the gearbox. Works like a charm other than thinking it's in neutral all the time. Who needs a display anyway?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My shift lever broke inside the gearbox. I didn't want to split it. I replace the shift lever by removing the gearbox cover. The machine could not tell what gear it was in, therefore wouldn't crank unless I pulled the shifter halfway up and got a 'N" light. I grounded the green/red stripe wire coming from the gearbox. Works like a charm other than thinking it's in neutral all the time. Who needs a display anyway?
Can you run me through the process?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts