Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....my rubicon is having a problem and needs to get fixed before this weekend got a mud race coming up. I was driving around a few days ago and my quad just suddenly dies when i was full throttle. I start it, open throttle...she'll just die. U can only give about less then a quarter throttle so pretty much your going back like a turtle. Can anyone please help me out...I don't think it could be the carb but it could be...

·
Registered
497 Posts
Take carb apart and clean it.Also check in gas tank for trash settled in bottom of tank.I had to clean my sons carb for the same thing.amek sure you adjust it by the book too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess i'll have to work on it after i finish my truck...Got a bogger for quad and a truck. But thanks for the tip..

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
Does it start right back up? If so it could be a plugged vent tube on the tank. Loosen the gas cap or even take it off and see if it still dies.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Dont forget to take your fuel on/off/res control valve off and clean it out too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill try what u guys are suggesting..and about the pic of my bogger lol, don't think anyone would wanna see my ford...It idles fine and starts right back up with or without gas cap

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
is your choke off all the way?

·
Premium Member
7,993 Posts
First things first though.... make sure your carb is clean and your jets dont have any garbage in them.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sounds like water i the gas. If so, drain the carb, and take the tank off the bike, dump it out and refill with fresh gas

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hope i have some time to check er out...working on things the last minute every year. Thx for some tips guys!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts