Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed a lift on my Rubi about a month ago and have been on one ride, and now i go to ridfe around the neighborhood, and it is squeaking like **** ......... sounds like the Rubi is 100 yrs old! i tried spraying WD-40 on the bushings and everything movable and it seemed to help until i rode down the road and back and now it is doing it again ......... any suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Might not have anything to do with lift. Does it only squeak when you turn,or hit bumps. Could be steering bushing,tight ball joint if on suspension compression. If you have an general idea where its comming from spray one bushing at a time and see when it goes away. Could even be controll arm bushing.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Mine's been squeekin' for a year or so. I can't figure out where it is comin'
from. Everything is as should be. If i was to take a guess at it, i would say
it's comin' from the steerin' stem somewhere. WD-40 makes it quit for a
while, but it comes back.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The large seals on the front brake drums will squeal at low speed .. They are a tripple lip seal that requires grease in between the 1st & 2nd seal lip .. There may not be enough in there ..

And the shock bushings will squeek if there is torque on them .. Like if you tightened them with the wheels off the ground then lowered the bike compressing the shock ..Try cracking the shock bolts loose then re-tightening them with the bike on the ground ..

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I never thought of that. I'm sure i torqed mine to death.

·
Registered
27 Posts
it's you ball joints, they are over stressed with lift kit in. and if you run your lift kit long enough, your inner cv joints will be wrecked also. even seen where cann't get the axles back out of the diff. Just a little FYI , I am a Honda tech.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hhmmmm.. cluby262000 could be right .. I never read the list of bike options and so I missed the 2" lift .. We've had a couple in with 2" lifts 1 that had a damaged boot and the ring holding the inner CV jount together was peened & worn so bad it would no longer come out of the groove .. The bike had to have a complete axle assy. ..

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ummmm. Hey Honda Tech.. I have talked with you several times in the past and this topic has me worried. I have a 1 1/2 inch lift on the Rincon. I have just torn my first inner cv boot...I need to replace it. Should I consider taking off the lift. Is this going to cause me more damage than the lift is benefiting me?.. I dont want a POS in 3 years..but I am 6' 03" and 245lbs. The lift really makes the bike more comfortble and fits me better. A bike with a nice lift doesnt do any good when it is broke all the time..

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Gosh, now i'm gettin' worried. I've been hearin' some strange noises comin'
from the front of my atv here lately. Could it be lift related? Probably should
take the lifts off before any major problems occur. The damage may be done,
so i may be too late. It still rides & drives great though.

G

·
Front end Squeaking

I have a Forman 450 ES with no lift kit and have noticed the squeaking since last summer. When I press down on the front end I hear the squeaking. I tried the WD40 and that didn't work. It appears to be in the ball-joints although they are sealed with no way to grease. Same issue I had with my Suburban before they recalled it to put a grease fitting in. I wonder if Honda will do the same.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Front end Squeaking

QUOTE ("bcsinc":2wnia9wy)
I have a Forman 450 ES with no lift kit and have noticed the squeaking since last summer. When I press down on the front end I hear the squeaking. I tried the WD40 and that didn't work. It appears to be in the ball-joints although they are sealed with no way to grease. Same issue I had with my Suburban before they recalled it to put a grease fitting in. I wonder if Honda will do the same.
The same thing was happening to me with my Foreman 450ES I dropped the A-arms, and put Anti-Seize in all the bolt holes and I also dropped the shocks and submerged them in old motor oil for 1-2 days and NO MORE SQUEAKING!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.