Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My breaks have been sqeaking since about 150 miles is this normal? Should I see if my dealership will do anything about it?

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I'm startin' to feel that the new disk brakes are not the way to go.
A lot of ya'll seem to have problems. I'm startin' to think twice about
gettin' disk brakes.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
MIne sqweek a lot too. I think it has to do with the water and mud mostly. The drilled rotors tend to trap mud and sand. Make sure they get flushed out after each ride. Double check to make sure the Front wheel bearings are still good.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
I noticed mine tonight, it is definately the breaks squeeking, when I apply them they stop making noise, $100 for pads they will squeek for a little while.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mine squeked but only when I used them
I took you advise truegrit and scuffed with fine sandpaper
worked like a charm no more noise.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The brake pads cost $100?!!!! Thats crazy. I would not mind a little squeak. I would just like to have brakes. I can adjust my front brakes on my 450 and a few hours later have nothing. They will not stay tight. I dont get it.

Dan

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("ForemanDan":335xmk7k)
The brake pads cost $100?!!!! Thats crazy. I would not mind a little squeak. I would just like to have brakes. I can adjust my front brakes on my 450 and a few hours later have nothing. They will not stay tight. I dont get it.

Dan
Well they are $35 a side from Service Honda, $50 from the local dealer. But OEM are the only ones made right now.

G

·
squeaky breads

I bought something at the local auto parts store (auto zone) called DE-SQUEAK. I sprayed it on the front breaks and it conpletely removed the squeaking. My foreman 500 is just a few months old and the front brakes queaked a lot! Make sure you get the spray on both sides of the disks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have about 250 miles on the Extreme discs now. They dont squeak and the rotors dont have holes like the HL brakes do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
this may sound like i'm preaching to the choir but, for several years now i've had to endure stupid comments from owners of "other" atvs about hondas drum brakes. one of the redeeming features of those drum brakes is the ability to keep them clean. the other day i went through a shallow puddle and had to make a panic stop to avoid a head on with a dirt bike. a handful of front brake and nothing. the rear drum brake is what stopped me. consider this, hemi cudas had drum brakes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had to clean my drums out after every ride. I know there was a leak somewhere but I also couldn't keep the fronts adjusted right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts