Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my foreman about a month ago sold the old at i have snorkled it and the carb vent line and pluged the fuel over flow but it stalls and cuts off but starts back up two or three minutes after and keeps spudering until iv bin on flat ground for 5 min please help in any way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Try filling your spark plug boot with dielectric grease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE ("marcust")
Try filling your spark plug boot with dielectric grease.
what kind and do i just lod it in with my fingers or what
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
I would say ride it for a while with the carb drain plug out. If you travel your quad on a trailer without the snorkle plugged it runns really bad. the drain fills up and needs drained.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
744 Posts
fill the boot up wount hurt anything better to have to much then not enough
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ("marcust")
Try filling your spark plug boot with dielectric grease.
thanks man went to auto parts today and got some light bulb grease and it worked great wentout in a deep canal on my farm over the rack and not one time did it spuder or cut out on me :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
Helpful hint... go to the auto parts store and purchase a can of white Lithium grease in a spray can. Spray all your electical component as well. It works down deep to where the connection is so you don't have to pull everything apart. I do mine about every 3rd time and it has never spit or sputtered in the water
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
QUOTE ("mudder fudder":irxgmywi)
Helpful hint... go to the auto parts store and purchase a can of white Lithium grease in a spray can. Spray all your electical component as well. It works down deep to where the connection is so you don't have to pull everything apart. I do mine about every 3rd time and it has never spit or sputtered in the water
If you pull all of your connections apart once and fill them with dielectric grease you will never have to do it again. Water will not mix with or wash out the dielectric grease like it can with many other kinds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
281 Posts
I agree with pulling everything apart, if you have the time and patience. My way was just a quick way, less than 5 minutes. Plus it has never failed me yet.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top