Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If changing to a larger tire than stock, what does everyone do about the change in accuracy of the speedometer. Guessing most leave it alone and not worry about it? I hate to have things not quite right and when changing to a larger tire, would like my speedometer correct or stay with stock size tires. I don't do the heavy muddin, just trail ridiing so probably don't need larger tires, but sounds like larger tires have a lot deeper tread depth which may ge bood or may be bad for my type of riding.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Obviously bigger tires will make your reading lower that it is. You will be traveling faster than is indicated. I am unaware if they make a fitting for the cable like is made for trucks. I put 36 inch tires on my 2500 and purchased a fitting to go on the cable that compensates for the oversized tires bringing the speed back to reality. Good question though. Now you got me curious....Hmmmmm

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, many newer automobiles can be programed with a computer on automobiles vs old way of changing gears at transmission, but don't know what can be done on a Honda. I have a Foreman 500es. Probably not off enought to make a bid difference, but like things to work as designed if possible.

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
After I went to 26"'s my spedo was off 3mph from
what my E-Trex said

I really don't look at the spedo much anyway
unless I'm on the street or a FS road

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Good idea, I have a GPS mounted on the handle bars and never thought about comparing the two. True, I don't worry to much about the speed part, doesn't really concern me but it is nice when things work properly.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have never tried my GPS on my foreman. I have a radio/cell/GPS holder on it. Thanks for the tip, I will try that tommorrow.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, not enough off to make a difference that I would recognize. Thanks, just wasn't sure what others are doing. Actually, I don't have a problem with my stock tires for what I do anyway, but if changing tires, thought I would maybe go to the larger tires. From what I read, 26"ers have more tread depth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.