Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think theres like 3 bolts on the out side of the muffler that you can remove and remove the spark arrester. Iv never done it tho.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
The aftermarket pipes ( ie..HMF ) have the 3 bolts. I have taken mine out and rode it with / without it. On the 650 Rincon, I was able to take the spark arrestor out, but unknown on the 450?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have a stock exhaust, you must remove the plug from the bottom of the muffler (square drive pipe plug) and run the engine without the plug in. Rev up the engine a bit while blocking off the main exhaust outlet with a shop towel to help blow the crap out of the other hole (just blocked enough to clean it out- not enough to stall the engine) I suggest reistalling the pipe plug with a little anti-seize.
good luck

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i took that plug out yesterday and checked to see if anything came out and nothing did..i did not run it though..when i put it back in i used anti-sieze..i will try that tomorrow when i get up..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.