Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's it do and how do you take it off, will this help hp?

·
Registered
338 Posts
it keeps it from backfiring and shootin sparks from what i can tell.....if you have a foreman 500 you can just undo the 3 bolts on the back and pull it out, they sell stainless steel tips that you can replace it with and it gives a pretty meaty sound but it will backfire on occasion. I bought and put one on mine...
heres the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-RUBIC...sspagenameZWDVW

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Some of the HMF pipes come with a spark arrestor. These make it legal if you ride in forestry areas where it is required. It is louder, and you get more power with it out..... But if you are from Florida...like the rest of us BONE DRY sons-o-...Well, right now you need to be careful not to drive thru a pine forest with pine needles on the ground or you maybe riding very fast to get away from the flames..Ha Ha Ha

·
Registered
128 Posts
it is used for not starting fires if your engine blows up..it is supposed to catch sparks off parts that may come out of your engine if it may blow up..no horsepower gains with or without it..

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I did not know what it was. I think I will leave it alone lol.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It stops sparks and flames from tail pipe during normal run which could occur at any time. Problem with the spark arrester is that it can plug up and cause excess exhaust back pressure and even not let engine run when it does plug with carbon buildup. If this occurs, it needs to be pulled, cleaned and reinstalled. Most small engines such as weedeaters, chain saws and other small gasoline tools have them and is a common problem with engine starting. I take these out and throw them away, but elect to keep mine in my Honda becasue it is required in some places and could prevent a forest fire in dry weather in the woods. Watch for plugging of carbon and scrape when gets dirty.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I and several of the peeople that I ride with have noticed that there is a small gain in snap. I think this is because of the arrestor not blocking as much of the pipe and letting it flow better.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If like on the 500's, take out the three bolts and pull out. Clean screen by lightly scraping or can use a soft wire brush to clean. Reinstall.

·
Registered
49 Posts
my 350 spark arrester is starting to plug up. how do i clean? no bolts to remove.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I took mine off a week ago and the bolt heads snapped. I bought a new 2" tip and still waiting for it. Drove the bike this weekend with no arrestor or tip and it did seem like it had more snap. It sure does sound better! Here is a pic of my new tip.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
QUOTE ("bashlin":1zxnvq65)
it is used for not starting fires if your engine blows up..it is supposed to catch sparks off parts that may come out of your engine if it may blow up..no horsepower gains with or without it..[/quote]

What in the he!! are you smokin'...........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.