Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys... im going to snorkle my 4man out this week. what is best to use? spa flex or pvc? the spa flex looks much much easier to use but can it handle the heat of the engine? and when connecting it to the airbox, what do i use?! i bought a shop-vac hose kit and it plugs into to the airbox but i dont see what to do after that? any help or info would be great! and i know you guys are the ones to ask. thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
PVC is only rated to handle 80 degrees. As long as you do not use it for the exhaust vent it should hold up.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i used the shop-vac hose. after plugging it into my airbox i ran it out on the right side. used zip ties on it and ran it to my rack. under the rack i put U shaped 2" pvc under my rack and an elbow coming back. the shop vac hose will fit perfectly into the pvc, used silicone to seal it up. run your snorkel up as high as you need.

you can also squeeze it between the gas tank and outer plastic to the front and cut a hole to run the pipe up for a cleaner look. i like mine because i make it stock looking again.

i did use the black pvc found at lowes. i would provide you some pics but my main computer is in the shop right now. any questions just yell out.

·
Registered
471 Posts
oh yeah, you should be all right with the heat. just make sure not to run it next to the header pipe coming off the engine. have a buddy who ran it next to header and yes it melted he said. no problems with mine for nearly a year.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about the spa flex? has anyone had any problems with that? even running it in summer time? i think thats what i'll use just cause its easier...i hooked up the shop vac hose to the intake on the air box and with just the adapter hooked up it ran fine... but when i put the hose on there it would sputter then shut off. what will i need to do to fix this when i hook it up using spa flex? FYI, the hose i used was either 2in or 2.5in... plenty big enough

·
Registered
187 Posts
i used spa hose and when it went by the the engine i cut a piece of 2'' pvc in half and put it around the the hose just in case. i have pics from the air to the riser pipe just look under my profile

·
Registered
308 Posts
QUOTE ("aastelly":29z0wy4x)
i used spa hose and when it went by the the engine i cut a piece of 2'' pvc in half and put it around the the hose just in case. i have pics from the air to the riser pipe just look under my profile
I did the same thing, encasing the spa hose inside the PVC. I rode for like 4 hrs last weekend and it held up fine. For more info look here... This is in the How-To section...

<a href="http://www.hondaforeman.com/phpBB2/view" target="_blank">http://www.hondaforeman.com/phpBB2/view ... 4&start=25</a>

QUOTE ("#48FAN":29z0wy4x)
Thanks for all the help guys. In total it cost me about $35. I bought shopvac/spa hose, and ran it directly into the airbox. However when I snaked it past the heat sheild I cut 2 inch PVC in sections and put the hose inside it. That way the hose was not directly on the heat shield. Then after snaking the hose out the front, I cut a 2 1/4 hole with a hole saw and placed a 1 1/2 to 1 1/2 rubber coupling inside. Connected hose and the PVC. Then on the hose I slide another coupling around the PVC to get more support. I had to sand out the plastic about 1/8 an inch. I just used a little round sanding drum attached to a drill. That gave it a right fit through the plastic. Then I just preped the plastic and painted with Krylon Fusion. Then I ran all my vent lines up to the handlebars. I would like to Thank Truegrit for this help specifically with letting me know which vent lines to get! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok i can hook up the shopvac hose and it will start but dies soon after from not getting enough air. its a 2.5in hose so i think thats big enough. do i need to mess with the fuel/air mixture? if so, how? i have an 07foreman if that mattters. also, the connector coming out of the airbox is facing upwards at about a 45 degree angle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Snorkle

Airflow is better w/ PVC. Believe it or not the ridges of the spaflex or wetvac hose interrupt air flow. It is probably not enough to matter but that is why I would choose PVC or a smooth wall flexible tubing.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
note taken. when i have the stock "snorkle" plugged into the airbox it will start and run just fine, as normal. when i take out the stock "snorkle", it sputters and eventually dies. could it be getting too much air? anyone else ever had this problem?

·
Registered
670 Posts

i heard of that happening...

in my case, i took 2" pvc and just lubed it up and stuck it in the stock airbox hole...used the same clamp and stuff. i have 2" pvc throughout.

runs fine....maybe you need to adjust the a/f screw or maybe turn the idle up a little.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, im going to buy all the PVC today after work. someone had posted the parts list and im gonna use that to purchase everything i need. after i have it all hooked up if it still sputters then i'll have to look at the a/f or the idle speed. are either of those hard to adjust?

·
Registered
148 Posts
yeah swamprat posted that the other day if its the one your talken about, he's da man! i'm headid out to pick mine up also.

bowz

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another question! i bought all the parts from the part list, got my glue and all that stuff... everything is the length it should be.... but whats the order they go in? i see just a big pile of PVC fittings and pipe on my garage floor right now... does the 2in or 1.5in go into the airbox? and what length? and then what from there? if someone could please help me out that would be great! maybe scan the instructions from TraingleATV and post it as a pic or something to make it easier... just a thought. plz help! thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.