Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came across this trail map of interlake and thought it might be helpful. You can also youtube some videos to see the area. Got this off dnr website.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
My review:

Interlake is a pretty nice park. From my experiences the DNR just rolls through but has never bothered me even though I have never had a permit. Although, I don't stick around to find out. It is mostly open gravel trails with maybe 30% woods. The swampy scenery is very nice, and you will likely come across a few snakes. BTW, this is the only county in Indiana that has poisonous water snakes , so keep your distance. Personally, I would suggest this park more to dirtbikes and sport quads although I saw plenty of utilities there. There are a lot of wide open trails that are nice for high speed riding. I was able to hit all of the trails and go from one end of the park to the other several times in 4 hours on a 200 exc. I felt it lacked wooded trails like at Haspin Acres for example, but there are some. It's still fun and is worth adding to your list of places you've ridden.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would agree but if you know the area across 68 it can be an all day & all night ride. The area across 68 is nuttin but woods but you will be in marked coal mine ground. currently being logged in some areas.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That's what I heard, that there is a lot more on the south side of the highway. Wish I knew how to get there. Is riding there allowed, or at least overlooked?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea mostly "overlooked". But have it registered b/c you will have to cross rd's at some point legally w/sticker. there is a couple of lawyers who lease hunting ground to the east of techumse park that will prosecute but have awesome trials. i dont go there but have been there before i was 18. now 30- so its been a while. where you from/or do you live or ride interlake alot.? if so p-m. and i can point you in the right direction to ride. i would say get together but won't be ridin 4 while as have baby boy on the way. will be tied up 4 bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
. I was able to hit all of the trails and go from one end of the park to the other several times in 4 hours on a 200 exc. I felt it lacked wooded trails like at Haspin Acres for example, but there are some.
i would have to disagree. the park is 80% woods. in the north half alone there is about 60 acres of wooded spoils that contain 6 hours worth of trails just in that section. sounds like you were only riding the south half.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts