Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone just bought my 06 foreman and am mounting the winch. no problems untill i try to find a dry place for the solenoid. wheres everyone puting it?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Warn says to put the solenoid on the outside of the rear dry box. They say drill 4 holes on the opposite side of the exhaust of course and just run some bolts through it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't use the little rear cargo/toolbox on my bike as I have storage boxes so I mounted mine in there and sealed the box. Seems to work well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I INSTALLED MY 2500 WARN ON MY 06 FOREMAN IN THE REAR CARGO BOX AND TODAY I LOOKED IN IT AND ALL THE BOLTS AND RIVITS ARE STARTING TO CORRODE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
winch

i have a 2800lb gorilla winch and thought about the solenoid above the battery but didn't really like this location. the back box is interesting thanks everyone

·
Registered
936 Posts
hey alex.
just to let you know.. warn 2500lb winch arnt that good.. i stripped a end housing out. 9 months later... a 4wd tractor a rubicon with a 3.0 and 5 hours later i was out..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Use "marine" fasteners when installing accessories on your atv. More corrosion resistance with marine products.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.