Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Honda men talekd me into the Rubicon...her is my 1st question. Can I strat hitting the trails right away...what is the deal on the break in.

Just looking for opinions.

I'd like to hit the trails right away buy of course stay out of the s%it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
the only thing i was told is not to full throttle it until about 10 miles.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I was told no full throttle, don't have the throttle in one place long, bassically be nice to it for the first 20 hours then change the oil and do the first service stuff. well that lasted, um untill I got it off of the trailer IMO rider as nice as you can untill the first service.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I tried really hard to baby my Foreman when I got it, but I just couldnt help myself. I didnt break it in at all.
But i also broke int he race car motors on the the dyno at 9000rpms, so I have a bad habit of doing that

·
Registered
242 Posts
brake it in the way your going to ride it

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
When I got mine I was unsure about the break-in like you. I took it upon myself to be easy on it for the 1st tank of gas. Then I gave er **** after that. If I had to do it again I would probably do the same thing but, I hear all the time to drive it like you would normally like Dano said.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Mine hit the first mud hole it could fine right out of the truck.
It has 1200 miles on it with missing a lick!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Let me fix that. WITHOUT missing a lick!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i went easy on mine untill arround 50 miles then i drove it about 3/4 throtle untill about 60 miles then after that i was seeing how good she could swim and all that good stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
I had mine waste deep in water water within an hour of the first ride on it, but it wasn't full throttle , that is when I learned of the carb drain.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I went easy on mine when i first got it & still do I get picked on
quite a bit, but oh well. If it ever comes alive, it won't eat me that's
for sure .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Babying is the old school way of breaking in an engine, Ride it nice for the first 10-20 minutes get it warmed then let her eat......... If your gonna run it hard, then run it hard, if your gonna baby it its entire life then baby it, if your gonna pull stuff with it them hook it up to a trailer and pull with it..
When i got my 400EX i made it easy for about 10 minutes if that and i was balls to the wall and it runs like a champ......

It is good to very RPMS thou which your always gonna be doing anyway, dont go full throttle the entire time, the varying RPMS help the rings seat.....

·
Registered
489 Posts
I went easy for about 40 miles then I started to really get on the throttle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts