Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘98 foreman 400 and need to set it up with a plow. I have little experience with ATVs. Do most people manually adjust their plow height and angle of ATV setups or use a mechanical adjustment that hydraulic or something? I’m not sure what I’m looking for but need to get this figured out before I order one. Any suggestions for brands or models or resources/how to would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
13,113 Posts
I use a winch to lift/lower the plow and manually change the angle. I use the moose mid mount plows and have had good luck with them. Denali is another good one and if you need a winch as well motoalliance might be able to get you a deal on a complete set up if you message or better yet call them. Great people to work with.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use a winch to lift/lower the plow and manually change the angle. I use the moose mid mount plows and have had good luck with them. Denali is another good one and if you need a winch as well motoalliance might be able to get you a deal on a complete set up if you message or better yet call them. Great people to work with.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. I’ll contact them!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a ‘98 foreman 400 and need to set it up with a plow. I have little experience with ATVs. Do most people manually adjust their plow height and angle of ATV setups or use a mechanical adjustment that hydraulic or something? I’m not sure what I’m looking for but need to get this figured out before I order one. Any suggestions for brands or models or resources/how to would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you.

I use a similar, mid-mount, on my '07 Foreman 500 made by WARN same as my winch. I have to manually turn the blade, side to side, or straight. I would like a power turning blade, and they do exist, but obviously more expensive. I am not aware of a hydraulic or powered raise/lower arrangement.
Here is a site to check out some ATV plowing info.... https://www.plowsite.com/forums/atv-utv-snow-removal.76/
Good luck, have fun plowing.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I have a 1999 400 foreman, use a Moose Mid mount plow set up, 60 inch straight blade, and a winch to lift, been on my atv for 20 yrs now
a beast of a plow machine IMO, need some weight in heavy wet snow, but other wise, it pushes snow like a small bulldozer on STOCK Like tires, NOT big tall ones!

they do also sell manual hand lifts to lift blades, and then manual turn of blades
and a few plow makers as stated above, DO< make both electric and hydraulic angle adjustments, but to be honest IMO< there way over priced for what they do, only takes a few seconds to get off, turn blade and get back on
WILL admit it would be nicer to stay on ATV, but the costs just ain't worth it, unless you have a LOT of cash IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts