Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently added a snorkel to my 2003 350 rancher 4x4 it runs fine but when it wines in 1st through 3 gear it boggs the engine. i mainly mud with the engine at high rpms any help

·
Registered
8 Posts
THE REASON ITS BOGGING DOWN ITS CAUSE THE MOTOR IS STARVING FOR AIR, U NEED TO RUN A BIGGER HOSE, I JUST RECENTLY PUT ONE ON A 2003 ORANGE RANCHER, AND I USED 2 1/2" SHOP VAC HOSE AND IT WORKS GREAT, WE HAVE ALREADY WENT AND TESTED IT OUT AND NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER, DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO TURN THE BIKE UP

·
Registered
9 Posts
the first time i snorked my 03, i used 1.5 and it was starving for air

i redid it with 2 in shop vac hose and it ran like crap still

so then i used the pvc elbow on the end of the snork and reduced it some and now it works great....messing with the air fuel mix also helped me out...

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE ("mudslinger4":39ll131f)
My 05 rancher i ran 1 1/2 pvc from air box up just had ajust air screw out 1/4 turn or less it runs like new.......
Do you have any pictures of how you ran it? I'd like to do mine and I don't want pipe sticking out all over the place until it gets to the front.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the post - the pics should help - I am thinking that 1 1/2" should be fine as I have a K&N Filter, an HMF exhaust, and a jet kit. Can always rejet again if necessary.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the post - the pics should help - I am thinking that 1 1/2" should be fine as I have a K&N Filter, an HMF exhaust, and a jet kit. Can always rejet again if necessary.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
grlhntr182, you shouldnt have to rejet your quad. Just adjust the pilot screw and you are set!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.