Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I snorkeled my 2002 Honda Foreman 450 ES 4x4 I took the airbox completely out and dremeled the air box so that I could run 2 inch PVC directly from the box all the way out I got it to run right along my frame by using two 45's turned opposite and ran it straight up under my Fender used a couple other forty-fives and nineties I'll put some pics later and show you how I did it and then have it about 10in above the rack but it is 2 inch all the way and I have a 90 on the very top but now my four wheeler is not running right it starts up fine and idles just fine but idles a little high actually and when I drive it if I just go really really slow everything is fine but as soon as I start to give it some gas and go it will spit and sputter and try to die if I cover up half of the snorkel while I'm driving it runs fine can anyone tell me what I need to do I was thinking maybe just adjust the carburetor or am I going to have to go with a bigger jet and if so does anybody know what size

·
Registered
38 Posts
Definitely need to re-jet. I snorkeled my 03 450 years ago and bought the next three sizes up and kept testing to see what worked. Also on the needle you'll have to lower the clip or at least I did.
You opened her up and gave it more air. Now she needs more fuel.
There is no magic formula. Have buy a few jets and try.

Mike

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts