Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I saw somewhere a Foreman/Rubicon that had a snorkel on it, but it ran up the side of the tank instead of having to drill a hole in the fenders. Do any of you have something like this? If so, please post some pics up for me. Also, if you did it yourself, what all supplies are needed? Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah, thanks marcust. I searched for it, but I guess I wasn't searching for the right key words.

Oh, and a quick question- is snorkeling the exhaust as important as the intake? or does the exhaust gas keep the water from coming in as long as the engine is running? Basically, I'm asking if it is pointless to snorkel the intake, because I'm not doing the exhaust.

·
Registered
936 Posts
exhaust isnt that important as long as u keep int running or idle it up. i just have my vent lines ran to the pod and im had my foreman under water bout 2 dozen times. still runs good. but before i ran the lines to the pod. i had to replace the carb. cuz to much water got into it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I need a snorkel for the intake, vent line for the carb, and what else? Is there anything else that will mess up from being put under water for a minute or less? I'm not going to be going out and swimming in any ponds, this is more of a 'just-in-case' mod for me...because it's hard to tell how deep some stuff is, and we sunk my old Foreman over the handlebars several times by accident.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
carb vents, diff vents, raditator vent, fan vent, and if you are going to be going over the gas tank you need to do the tank vent too. you electrial fittings and stuff will corrode but you will just have to greese it and you will be fine.
-Aaron

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man...somehow I knew this wouldn't be as easy as routing a piece of shopvac hose up to pvc pipe on the front rack

thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
560 Posts
Don't forget to plug the carb drain line. Although it is not needed, an exhaust snorkle is easy to do and great insurance if your bike should die in the water. Plus its great to be able to stop and even reverse in the deep stuff!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Will anything happen when I plug the Carb drain????And what will happen if you dont run all the lines right???

·
Registered
560 Posts
I only plug the drain line when I go in the water. The rest of the time I leave it open to function as it's supposed to do. It lets gas drain from the bowl if the carb floods for any reason. Dirt, sticky float or even running at extreme angles can let too much gas into the carb.
Not doing the lines right can let water in if you miss one or cause problems with the bike running right if you restrict or pinch a line. Just be careful when you run the lines to make sure they aren't pinched. Lots of posts list which lines to extend to make sure you do them all.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm pretty much sure I'm not doing an exhaust snorkel, because you have to weld it on I think...and I want to be able to return it to stock at any time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.