Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has successfully snorkeled their 500 by themselves yet? Or, do I need to look into a kit?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Well dano has and also i snorkeled my rubicon which i dont know how different it is between the two. I say do it your self I got pictures of mine some where i think in the photo gallery.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Does anyone even make one for a 500 yet?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
I just finished putting one on mine like 10 minutes ago. I made it myself from spa tubing and pvc mainly. Wasn't that hard took me about 2 hours, I ran it and it doesn't seem to have any real affect on performance, and only cost me $30. I will try and post some pics soon.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Yeah lets see pics. I always like seeing different variations.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
$75 thats crazy i am sure i can buy that same stuff at home depot for less then 20.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
I will get some pictures up later today. I took it out yesterday for the first time and tested it. I took it easy at first, but in no time I was floating with water over the racks and the engine didn't even studder. I kept checking the air box to make sure and it stayed bone dry the entire time. Performance wise it didn't seem to rob any power from it at all. I think it was the best $30 i could hav spent.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Yeah we usually are out at the black hole. I usually park at the shooting range and ride around. I might run up to 5a on sunday though. My wife has to work, so if I do it will be by myself, ny buddy that i normally ride with is working too.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
We need to meet up then...check out the post in the SouthEast forum.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Snorkeling my 450ES cost less than $30 from home depot/lowes etc.. IT took me longer to think of designing it than to install it.I didnt even have to jet it untill i put exaust on it,thats when the 2 together needed a fatter jet size....P.S buy lots of plumber goob(clear)and use on internally and external connections,dieletric grease on plg boot and coat coil assembly.I also found that putting a small screw in the end of float drain hose helps alot(sucking in water occurs and makes idle stumble sometimes)GOOD LUCK AND BE CREATIVE...

·
Registered
275 Posts
cost of homemade snorkel

Snorkeling my 450ES cost less than $30 from home depot/lowes etc.. IT took me longer to think of designing it than to install it.I didnt even have to jet it untill i put exaust on it,thats when the 2 together needed a fatter jet size....P.S buy lots of plumber goob(clear)and use on internally and external connections,dieletric grease on plg boot and coat coil assembly.I also found that putting a small screw in the end of float drain hose helps alot(sucking in water occurs and makes idle stumble sometimes)GOOD LUCK AND BE CREATIVE...

·
Registered
743 Posts
I know this post is old but I have some pics of my custom snorkle if you want them

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
especially for those of us who needs a snorkel bad but just hasnt gotten off our arse to do it yet.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
deadmullet bring up to orlando me and robb will fab a nice one up for ya.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I'll bring mine over to you. I don't have the patience, but I do already have the shop vac hose.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts