Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my "little" snorkus is just sort of an extension that kinda maybe adds a little bit more height to my stocker but do any of you have pics of how yours are run? any detailed photos without plastics? i have an idea of how i am going to make mine but i would still like to see some of your guys ideas etc... any input can be helpful you know?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
PM Robb his is apart right now and could get you some good pics on how he did his. His is def professional.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Im gonna do a write up on mine this weekend! Pics and all.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bad a$$ thanks for the timely pm reply robb...man you guys are all great and oh so helpful...im lookin forward to that write up ........woo-hoo

·
Registered
3,444 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya, i saw that snorkit thing but i just think that is a whole lotta money for something i know i can make myself..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
They are not hard, just make sure you extend all then vent lines and seal up the airbox and connections good.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
QUOTE ("truegrit":24ubhuy4)
Robb, Does the snorkle help if your bike flips upside down? LOL
Looking forward to you "snorkle report".

Check out this link for the Snorkit. It is a ready-made prepackage snorkle for the 450. If you do not want to make one yourself.

<a href="http://www.triangleatv.com/products.html" target="_blank">http://www.triangleatv.com/products.html</a>
Yeah they dont do well when the bike is upside down. I did add that in my write up lol, just gotta go get some pictures and I will have it up. Speaking of the Snorkit, I ordered one, but by the time it got here, I had my own made for a whole lot less, so I sent it back, never even opened it up, but im sure its a nice piece.

·
Registered
70 Posts
BIGSIX,

What'd you do to extend your stock snorkle up higher for more clearance?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm"snorkit"...sounds kinda funny to me...like..."hey if it dont work just snorkit".....wow im dumb...just for the heck of it..any of you have any head work done? port/polish etc...?if yes was it worth it?

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Ask Robb in a week or so when he gets his motor reassembled.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE ("MudKing450S":3rczlzwj)
BIGSIX,

What'd you do to extend your stock snorkle up higher for more clearance?
i hate to admit how rigged this was..especially for me...(cause i am kinda anal)..but i just found some shop-vac tube that fit over the stocker and jammed/clamped it on there..then ran it up near the steering stem...pretty ghetto actually....couple of zip-ties here and there good to go..lol

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i never said it worked all that well...never did anything with vent lines or sealing the air box till now...there is a reason its torn apart and being totally rebuilt right now.....i flooded it out...just like robb...lol..and i think i damaged what i did and sucked in water cause of that crappy snorkus to boot...

·
Registered
3,177 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Beautiful report Robb. "A-" One of the photos was out of focus. but good work.

What is your next book report on?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
great write up robb....already was at home depot and picked everything up....tomorrow i make the snorkus...i spent a few bucks less than you did
too....sure as heck beats 140 bucks for the triangle kit too!!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Cool, let us know how it turns out!!

Yeah my photo skills are not the greatest..lol But I can handle an A-!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
140.00 is alot cheaper than a motor rebuild when you sink it and find out you didnt have it totally sealed up. I have the triangle snorkit and love it, they include all the lines to extend your vents, etc. I have piece of mind that it was done right the first time with no leaks. It also looks good, almost factory. Ive heard too many stories of people building a snorkle only to find out the hard way that it leaked then have to re do the snorlke along with the 5-10 oil changes / possible rebuild. So what is cheaper to you? Go with the snorkit and have piece of mind that it was done right the first time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow almost sounds like you work at triangle...(note:this was not a paid endorsement)..lol...but anyways building a water proof snorekl isnt exactly the hardest thing in the world to do, anyways did the snorkit come with any provision for actually making the airbox itself truly sealed? i dont believe it does and i'd be willing to say that just like every other foreman lid yours isnt water tight completely..(unless you did something to seal it up)also a motor rebuild and teardown isnt all that to imposing for me, kinda fun actually, alot less parts than the nitrous-fed, fully built v8's i build regularly for customers...and even triangle says they dont garuntee(sp?) anything anyway....so being the semi-intelligent, very mechanically inclined person i am...im sure mine will be just as good if not better for 2 reasons...1. it will completely work just as well as theirs...2.I made it, and for a whole lot less. Thanks for your input though.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts