Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I rebuild my foreman trx500 fm it is a 2008 new jug Piston rings gaskets and new valves lapped in and new seals ran great for a month now when I start it and let it heat up it smokes I have oil on plug also put new timing chain what could it be

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having the same issue and it appears that the rings are not seating due to synthetic oil. I changed to dino and ragged on the engine some and it helped some but not enough to undo the glazing, Plan is new rings and a quick hone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am having the same issue and it appears that the rings are not seating due to synthetic oil. I changed to dino and ragged on the engine some and it helped some but not enough to undo the glazing, Plan is new rings and a quick hone.
Update on mine bad crank it is outta service limit that's why it started smoking there was play on bottom crank shaft and small end letting wrist pin click has any of you guys used hot rods crank if so what quality did you get thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I would do but run regular oil synthetic don't let your rings seat good enough run at half throttle for about two hours chang oil and filter then run just like you would normally for another six hours change oil and filter you should be good to go man hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I start it and let it heat up it smokes I have oil on plug also put new timing chain what could it be
Could be bad valve seal or blown gasket oil may be getting around your rings you might have it bored and honed get new Piston and rings I would check everything I could while you have it torn down wrist pin wear and crank arm play

1 - 6 of 6 Posts