Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2002 450 just started smoking has 8000 miles on it never had a problem.Pulled the head and oil was on top off the piston. Rings,piston and cylinder look good must be valve seals will also replace rings anything else I should be concerned about
Thanks

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
even if the cylinder looks good I would still have it checked out. 8000 miles is alot. I am in the process of rebuilding my 01 foreman now, only 1200 miles. The cylinder was alittle out of round close to top and had low compression.

G

·
smokin

My recon smokes blue after only about 1 year. How do warrantee companies know if it is covered or my fault for getting water too deep of water? could it be a defect?

How can you check - with a commpression guage?

G

·
How loing can I get away with buring oil

I don't have many miles on my recon but it is already buring oil. I can't afford a major fix right now, how long can I burn the oil until something bad happens? I can't rely on my warrantee to pay for the costs and just my luck they will tear it down and say it is my fault.

·
Registered
167 Posts
ive burnt up the rings twice on my recon and it only took about 2 weeks each time to blow the bottom end, my advice is dont ride it at all while smokin

·
Registered
262 Posts
well i rode my recon for 200 miles and it smokes bad , i just add oil every ride and dont ride it wide open to long. when you do the top end i would remove the motor and clean the engine with 2 gallons of a solvent and then remove the cooler and clean it ,there is clutch grit - mud - metal -etc in the case , since the recon doesnt have a filter you need to clean it out. then do the top end rebuild.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.