Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i guess its not a good idea to let inexperienced riders ride your stuff. a friend of mine's kid has been starting out in third gear and giving it full throttle. i haven't ridden my foreman in a couple of weeks and to my surprise the clutch is slipping really bad.i loosened the adjuster lock nut and tried to turn the adjuster (very hard to move) i tried to adjust it but it wouldn't go any where. is there a trick or something i don't know? did my friend waste the clutch? well any help would be appreciated. is it hard to replace a clutch? oh yeah i have a 1999 450s...

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Oh man.. I feel for you and agree... Be very selective on your riders.. I have heard and seen some things that would make your skin curl of what an inexperienced rider has done.. Good luck, and sorry for not having the answer to this one.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Sounds like your clutch adjuster is almost siezed, you should first use penetrating oil and work the adjuster back & forth to get it freed up to get it adjusted right .. If you do have to remove the clutch cover it isn't a hard job ,especially on the S model ..

·
Registered
24 Posts
your slipping clutch problem is in the main centrifugal clutch assembly.the adjuster that is siezed controls the "change clutch" adjustment.you should pick up a factory service manual for procedures to fix it.the factory manuals are very detailed and well worth the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.