Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has an answer for this. I was cleaning up my Rubi and decided to clean the filter, after opening the cover I found it alot dirtier than expected so I brought it down to a garage and asked the guy to clean it out for me, which he did and seemed fine. I put it back in after it dried and now it pops a little bit and has a slight sputter, also it will die if left sitting at idle. All of these things never happened before this and I didn't do anything else to it. I raised the idle a little to keep it running but want to see if anyone has an idea. I also just oilled the filter slightly to see if that helps but it started to rain to I put it back together and covered it up. I'm not sure where to begin, carb, plug? Could there be water in the filter that I cant see or feel and its gotten into the carb? I ran it with the filter off but didnt seem to help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey G-Man, Thanks for the info. Now I know the way it should be cleaned. I took the filter off the metal cage and gave it to them. I'm not sure what was used but it was a chemical that smelled like brake cleaner if you're familiar with that. After I get back I rinsed it with water and it didn't act great, the water was beading off the chemical. Its very unlikely anything got into the carb, but I never say impossible. I had it out this weekend and it seems a little better but its still not right, sounds like a fouled plug? I'm wondering if whatever got in there fouled out the plug? I tried to get a new filter on Weds before I left but the local shop was closed so I had to deal with it. I'm going to try cleaning the carb out and replacing the filter and a new plug. I also need to change the oil on both my bikes so I'll do that at the same time. Oh and for the old filter, I put reg oil and wringed it out, thats what I was told before, I'll be sure to pickup the spray for the future. Thanks again. anything else you think I should know I appreciate it.

Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.