Honda Foreman Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
QUOTE ("500Foreman05":2e30a851)
truegrit

There complete skid package that comes with the mounting plate but no winch is 340.00

The same kit but with the warn 3.0 is 730.00

-
=

I would have to beat 390 by some bit probably to not get stuck on double shipping. Im not sure I can find one for under that.

And why did you not like that winch?

This is what I bought.

H-FBSP-SPHH-Foreman 500 - Full Belly Skid Plate-Skid Plate Hook Holster Set

The FBSP-SPHH Set also includes the Skid Plate Hook Holster. Providing more protection from front to back while giving you the ability to mount a roller fairlead (not included) and winch. Set comes with FBSP, SPHH and Winch Mounting Plate. Strong, light and easy to install with our pictured installation packet. The FBSP and the SPHH are flush underside with no bolts or nuts sticking out

$276 / Set

As far as the winch I wanted something different and cheaper. I had a Warn 2.5k on my SP500 and ended up rebuilding it 3 times, due to water and mud (I understand it was my fault.) But I can get a stronger winch nearly 1/2 the price, with a good warranty. It will pull like there is no tomorrow, its just slower than a Warn or Ramsey, but does not get as hot.

·
Registered
459 Posts
How well does the AP skidplate complete kit bolt up to the 05 Foremans, is it an exact match with the bolts holes lining up or is there any fabrication work needed to be done to it to make it fit.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Here is where my winch and mount are located at. This is the Venom winch with the mount they sent me. Looks like I might have to do some work if I get the AP skid plate set.

·
Registered
526 Posts
How do you like the Venom winch? is it holding up good

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have only used it 3 times since I have had it. Worked great each time. I got it off of Ebay. Had some problems with the mount plate, had to ream the front mount bolt holes out a little bit, but other then that it is great. It is the 2500, kind of wished I would have got the 3000 just for the little bit more power if needed.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.