Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I have the AP skid plate and bash palte They look good and reaplce the (IMO) flimsy plastic ones, ecspecially the nose piece. I need to get the boot guards, thats next.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I do not have pics of mine yet, but this is what it looks like. (I do not have the stick guards)

I bought the Bash plate, Skid plate and winch mount as a set (should have got the one w/ the stick guards too) and bought the Winch elseware. It it quality made and bolted on in about 20 minutes. I am very happy with them and wish I would have bought them earlier.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("500Foreman05":3qoi68xs)
Did you save money by getting the winch somewhere else?

I have been looking at the Warn 3.0 and they have a kit that comes with every skid/guard they make, the mount and the winch for $730 I think it is.
I just dont know how to break it down. If I would save by getting everything there but the winch etc..
My kit was around $270 (Winch plate skid and bash) I got the 3,000lb Mile Marker winch for $200. So I came out ahead of their complete kit. I really didn't care to have a Warn winch any way. I am sure you can find the Warn cheaper than it is in the kit.

Just taking a quick look, I see the Warn 3.0 is around $425.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("500Foreman05":2e30a851)
truegrit

There complete skid package that comes with the mounting plate but no winch is 340.00

The same kit but with the warn 3.0 is 730.00

-
=

I would have to beat 390 by some bit probably to not get stuck on double shipping. Im not sure I can find one for under that.

And why did you not like that winch?

This is what I bought.

H-FBSP-SPHH-Foreman 500 - Full Belly Skid Plate-Skid Plate Hook Holster Set

The FBSP-SPHH Set also includes the Skid Plate Hook Holster. Providing more protection from front to back while giving you the ability to mount a roller fairlead (not included) and winch. Set comes with FBSP, SPHH and Winch Mounting Plate. Strong, light and easy to install with our pictured installation packet. The FBSP and the SPHH are flush underside with no bolts or nuts sticking out

$276 / Set

As far as the winch I wanted something different and cheaper. I had a Warn 2.5k on my SP500 and ended up rebuilding it 3 times, due to water and mud (I understand it was my fault.) But I can get a stronger winch nearly 1/2 the price, with a good warranty. It will pull like there is no tomorrow, its just slower than a Warn or Ramsey, but does not get as hot.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Bolts right up no issues at all. I had to drill new hole sin my winch plate, because my winch has a different mounting pattern from Warn & Ramsey.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.