Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been noticing that my shifting is not what is used to be.

It is a 01 450ES.

It first started to occur when I went through a big muddy water bog, I did not submerge it however there was substantial water over and around the left side handle bar, where the switch is. Immediatly after that, it would not shift at all. It started to shift erratically after 15min or so of trying.
This occured about 8 months ago and the problem even though it has improved, is not fixed and the shifting is not right. Some times I have to push the switch several times before gears change.

Can muddy water get into the switch? If so, I guess that I need to clean that. Is there any other area that may cause these symptoms?

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Steve

·
Registered
744 Posts
angle sensor on the front of the crank case could have mud in it and that could cause that to happen i would unplug it clean it out and dielectric grease it and then see what happens

·
Registered
514 Posts
it is the electric shifter, that is why if it is dirty it maybe effecting you shifting, and yes water and mud can get into your shifter on the handle bars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.